Michaelis Boyd is looking for a personal design assistant to support Alex Michaelis (co-founder) in its London office.
We are an architectural and interior design-led practice that works on a wide range of exciting residential and commercial projects in the UK and across Europe, Asia, Africa, South America and the US. We are involved in all aspects of design, big or small; including unique new build architectural schemes, inspiring interiors through to custom furniture and lighting.
Our ideal candidate will have an excellent design portfolio and CGI experience. We are looking for a person with an independent, progressive attitude who can think on their feet and design simultaneously.
- work closely with Alex Michaelis to translate designs and concepts at various stages of projects into professional visualisations
- work up sketch schemes from conceptual design drawings for both pitch documents and live projects (3D, 2D and hand-drawings) on a number of different project types including…
- furniture and lighting design
- high-end residential projects
- commercial (high quality restaurant chains, bars and hotels)
- a mix of refurbishment and new build projects
- liaising directly with external consultants e.g. furniture makers and product designers
- creative – demonstrable examples of creative designs including 3D modelling, 2D and hand-drawing
- technical – demonstrable examples of technical drawings
- ability to present your work
- team-player within a medium sized practice with a ‘can do’ attitude who is willing and able to assist other teams for the benefit of the whole practice
- self-motivated to learn and develop
- fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and a CAD drawing package, preferably Vectorworks and SketchUp
Desirable: Part 1 architectural or design degree or equivalent, previous work experience in design practice or agency
Michaelis Boyd is an equal opportunities employer. We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. We offer a competitive benefits package, salary is dependent on experience. If interested, please submit your CV and portfolio as a single PDF file using the ‘apply’ link below.