Michaelis Boyd is looking for a studio manager with two-three years’ experience to join its practice in New York, USA.
We are an architectural and interior design led practice that works on a wide range of exciting residential and commercial projects in the US, UK and across Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. We are involved in all aspects of design, large or small, including unique architectural schemes, inspiring interiors through to custom furniture and lighting.
The successful candidate will have experience of running a design company with a focus on efficiency and profitability. They will be confident working independently and have experience in strategic planning.
We are looking for a person with strong problem solving and people management skills, who can think on their feet whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- managing relationships with and sourcing external suppliers, negotiating contracts as required
- resolving all building maintenance issues and coordinating office repairs, ensuring meeting rooms remain ready for use
- as part of the IT Team, helping manage the relationship with our external
- reviewing the company IT strategy and helping to implement new solutions
- auditing current machines, equipment, software and updating where necessary
- ensuring all employees have the equipment and systems necessary for their role, including new starters and desk moves
- overseeing the management and security of company property
- working closely with the studio director and finance manager
- making authorized office payments and updating logs for all ordering and purchasing for the office
- checking and approving invoices (office spend only)
- spend analysis – managing and reviewing office expenditure to support accounts, set budgets and meet new business demands
- monthly reconciliation – petty cash, company credit card, company debit card spending
- logging project expenses
- helping to produce financial planning, budgeting and cash flow forecasts
- contributing to monthly finance meetings with the directors
Working closely with HR manager:
- assisting with recruitment, liaising with candidates/agencies as needed
- supporting on general HR admin including visas, offers and new starter paperwork
- administrative support to the HR and finance manager with New York payroll and other financial benefits like our 401k
Front of house/admin:
- greeting visitors and answering calls
- booking travel
- handling all deliveries, distributing post and arranging couriers as well as sample returns
- managing the office calendar, booking meeting rooms
- updating logs for all ordering and purchasing for the office
- general tidiness and appearance of the office including sample management
- managing printer and stationery levels and maintenance
- a motivated, enthusiastic and flexible manager
- sensitive to the design industry
- should thrive under pressure and enjoy meeting deadlines
- brilliant communication skills, with a good team ethos
- highly professional and confident
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
Michaelis Boyd is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive benefits package, salary is dependent on experience. Please only apply if you have right to work in the US, as we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
If interested, please submit your CV using the ‘apply’ link below.