Millier is hiring an interior design procurement lead to join its team in Marylebone, London.
Millier, an international interior architecture and design studio, is looking for a self-motivated FF&E procurement lead to join its team in Marylebone, London. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone to grow and lead the way in our rapidly expanding team. We are looking for someone with either a predominantly administrative/PA background who enjoys design, or someone who loves managing the delivery and implementation stages.
Both should be highly organized, good with administrative tasks and problem solving, comfortable managing a team, and preferably have an eye for design detailing.
The ideal candidate will be reporting to the principal FF&E designer and working alongside the FF&E design team to assist with the design specification, ordering, administration, and procurement of the FF&E design and supply packages on private residential and development schemes.
It will be the candidate’s responsibility to ensure the supply of goods is delivered on time, within budget, and in the most efficient manner ensuring the accountant and design team are kept informed of all necessary compliance. You will be expected to hold strong relationships with the rest of the team and suppliers, ensuring regular and open communication and team work.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- collaborate with team principal and FF&E design team to ascertain the timeline, budget and deadlines of the project
- assist the FF&E designer with sourcing all the information necessary to complete the detailed specification document
- responsible for the compilation of the procurement budget and coordinating all documentation ensuring all document standards are met
- organise the purchasing schedule, liaising with the team to ensure all project milestones are reached
- working closely with the suppliers and accountant to raise all pro forma invoices
- liaise with suppliers ensuring all lead times are known and all orders accurate
- administrate and track all orders in the purchase process providing timely updates to principal FF&E designer and team
- ability to speak to suppliers in a firm and clear yet always professional manner
- maintain and update samples library
- strong organisation and administrative skills
- attention to detail
- two+ years’ experience in administrative/design role or similar
- strong IT skills especially MS Office and excel
- proficiency in EstiMac or similar is advantageous
- good team player with interpersonal skills
- ability to form good professional working relationships with suppliers
- flexible attitude and happy to help when needed
Salary will be determined by a candidate’s individual experience.
Job start date: immediate
Applications: using the ‘apply’ link below, please submit your CV, covering letter with salary expectation and portfolio of three case study projects – max 10MB.