Millier is looking to recruit an experienced middleweight or senior FF&E designer to join its team in Marylebone, London.
Millier is an international architecture and interior design house working on some of the world’s most high profile projects. They pride themselves on the highest end design, excellent attention to detail, and the delivery of schemes of incomparable quality.
The ideal candidate will be expected to embrace and translate all aspects of an interior project from concept through to installation and completion. With the budget in mind, you will be expected to hold strong relationships with the rest of the team and suppliers, ensuring regular and open communication, to ensure that projects are run efficiently and to the highest standards.
You will need to be self-motivated, extremely organised and thorough, have good communication skills, manage project deadlines, and have an exceptional eye for design.
You should also be comfortable managing a project team with a junior member of staff, under the supervision of our associate interior designer.
- relevant qualification in interior design with minimum five years’ experience in residential/boutique luxury schemes
- confident and articulate
- organised and efficient
- results focused and deadline driven with specific experience in managing installations
- enjoys working in a busy environment and being part of a team
- self-motivated and creative
- knowledge of products and materials, suppliers and design trends in the industry
- general knowledge of interior architecture with the ability to read and understand technical drawings including furniture shop drawings
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- good with budgeting and time management
- experience in sourcing and procuring furniture and furnishings with a thorough knowledge of FF&E, particularly in reference to high-end residential
- keep accurate and detailed specification and costing documentation
- software proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Excel and EstiMac
- fluent in English, verbal and written. Must also be a UK resident, eligible to work in the UK and in possession of a national insurance number and GBP bank account
- generally friendly and positive person who is easy to work with
Salary will be determined by a candidate’s individual experience.
Job start date: immediate
Contract: initial three-month contract
Applications: via the ‘apply’ link below, including CV, covering letter with salary expectation and portfolio of three case study projects – max. 10MB.