Minale + Mann is on the hunt for an interior designer to join its team in London.
Minale + Mann is a boutique architecture and interior design agency, delivering projects within the high-end residential market. We are looking for a talented and highly motivated interior designer to join our London studio.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated, and hardworking, experienced interior designer to join our team.
The role will involve working closely with the heads of departments and creative director to deliver a variety of private residential projects across London. We are looking for someone who can work well in a team as well as independently, have an excellent eye and impeccable taste, experience with client facing, presenting, and working on projects from concept through to completion.
The successful candidate will be extremely organised and
have experience managing several projects at one time. We are looking for an interior designer with a technical and detail driven approach to design. Applicants must have experience with site and working with contractors. As well as this, the candidate will have a creative and analytical mind, with the ability to conceptualise projects, taking them through to completion on time and on budget.
The role requires a friendly, eloquent, and polite person who wishes to join our thriving and expanding company and we welcome the right candidate to join us on this journey.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- detail design development including coordination with consultants, producing
- drawing packages and the interior specification
- working closely with the creative director and head of Interior Design on the delivery of all projects
- specification of finishes and FF&E including managing budgets and schedules
- procurement of FF+E items, working with the project management team to ensure interior elements are signed off, costed correctly and ordered on time
- production of construction drawings
- site visits to ensure design is being executed appropriately
- review of sub-contractors information and samples
- managing the procurement and styling of projects for photoshoots
- reporting to the creative director and head of interior design on project progress
- technical drawing and document reviews for projects
Skills and experience:
- bachelor’s/master’s degree in interior design or interior architecture
- excellent proven client management and liaising skills
- experience with training and managing less-senior designers
- proven technical ability and knowledge
- excellent multi-tasking and organisational skills are essential
- three+ years’ experience working on high-end residential projects.
- experience in high-end residential projects in London essential
- proven experience working on several projects at one time
- extensive proven experience in the procurement and styling of projects for photoshoots
- in-depth knowledge of finishes, fittings and fixtures including suppliers, appropriate applications and working within a range of budgets
- experience creating and managing FF&E packages and finishes schedules – often several at one time
- procurement and liaising with project manager regarding delivery
- excellent handling of AutoCAD and experience producing drawing packs
- Indesign, Photoshop and SketchUp essential
- experience with the studio designer program essential
- Microsoft Office Suite
- enthusiastic, motivated, communicative, and with a hands-on approach.
- a very good eye for detail, and impeccable taste
- impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- strong work ethic, with the ability to work autonomously and within a team
About the position:
The successful candidate will be joining the team as a middleweight interior designer on a permanent contract.
Salary dependent on skills and experience, please state salary expectation in application.
Please send a PDF of your CV and mini portfolio of work (not exceeding 6MB) plus a brief cover letter to email@example.com with the title of your email stating ‘Dezeen Jobs –interior designer – M+M London studio’.
Independent applicants only please, no recruiters. E-mail only – no phone calls.
Please adhere to the above instructions, otherwise the application will not be considered due to the high volume of applications received.
Salary 30-40K depending on experience.