Mint has an opportunity for a gallery sales assistant to join its team in London.
Gallery sales assistant
Contemporary design gallery Mint is looking for an experienced and proactive gallery assistant with a keen eye for detail and an enthusiastic appreciation for unique, avant-garde design. This is a multitasking role working closely with clients, suppliers and designers to fulfill sales orders and ensure a good customer experience. In addition, you will be helping to successfully deliver two to three shows per year.
- sales – interact with clients in the gallery and online to assist with their purchases and orders
- working directly with suppliers and designers to maintain and gain good knowledge of all products to assist with client enquiries and sales support
- oversee organisation and installation of two to three shows per year
- ability to travel and attend local and international shows to secure new collections
- liaise with show participants and external collaborators
- compile and update show dockets and spreadsheets
- being involved in logistics, installation, packing and unpacking of the artworks and furniture
- responsible for packing and shipping and necessary paperwork for import and export
- assist with visual merchandising, styling and curation of the gallery
- supporting the team with any admin duties required and general maintenance and smooth running of the gallery
- at least two years of experience in furniture/design retail. Other relevant experience will also be considered
- fluency in English, both written and verbal, is essential. Knowledge of other European languages is an advantage
- passionate and enthusiastic about contemporary design cultures
- a fast-learner with the ability to absorb knowledge of the constant incoming stream of newly sourced design
- proactive, multitasking and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- detail-oriented with a meticulous and thorough way of working
- an excellent team worker with strong and diplomatic communication skills
- confident in face-to-face dealings with important clients
- full proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Suite. Knowledge of AutoCAD is an advantage
Due to the high number of applicants, we will only be able to respond to successful candidates.
Please submit a cover letter along with your cv (files no large than 1-2MB). All applications should be addressed to FAO Jelka.