Mizzi Studio is looking for a project architect with Revit skills to join its team in Valletta, Malta.
Mizzi Studio is an award winning multi-disciplinary design studio based in London and Malta. Our studio is committed to making the physical world a better place. We seek out projects which have a positive social and cultural impact, add tangible value, and make our public realm a more beautiful place to live in. Current projects include the new Serpentine Café (Hyde Park), a new fleet of kiosks for The Royal Parks along with Education and Workplace projects in the UK, Malta and Europe.
We are looking for an experienced project architect with Revit skills to help grow our new Malta studio set in the beautiful bustling capital city of Valletta.
- to be responsible for the management of architecture and interior architecture projects
- responsibility to independently produce architectural packages for tender/construction on a number of projects running concurrently
- overseeing the design and delivery on site.
- liaising with the consultant teams, to ensure that all design services are coordinated
- liaising with clients and chairing design team meetings as lead consultant
- ability to mentor staff at various levels of experience and manage a team of Part-I-II architectural assistants and designers
- liaising with the London studio and collaborating with existing London design team. Occasional travel to London is to be expected
- undertake plan checks and architectural reviews to ensure maintenance of high standards of project delivery
- to have financial responsibility for projects in terms of project resourcing, managing and programming of invoicing, fee adjustment and negotiating additional fees
- minimum three to five years post qualification as a warranted architect
- excellent proficiency in Revit essential
- experience with high-end commercial developments
- AutoCAD skills essential
- possess a good level of understanding of general planning policy, technical detailing, architectural and structural construction drawings
- proven work experience across all construction work stages
- good knowledge of UK building regulations
- experience of working with clients directly, acting as lead consultant
- experience of working with structural engineers, surveyors and sub consultants as well as sub-contractors
- fluent spoken and written English with an understanding of construction terminology and self-motivated
- certified Maltese warranted architect
- working knowledge of Maltese language
- hold a valid European Driving License
- knowledge of Parametric Design and Autodesk Maya
- love for sci-fi
- table tennis skills!
- already in Malta or ability to mobilise immediately to Malta (within four weeks after contract agreement)
- salary: commensurate with experience
- period : one year – permanent
Application – please prepare the following:
CV, portfolio and cover letter, indicating:
- years of experience with Revit on actualised projects
- availability and commencement date in Malta
- salary expectations
This will be a two-stage interview process. First stage interviews can occur both in London/Malta Studio and/or Skype (although Malta studio would be preferable).
If this sounds like you and you are interested in this role, apply now!
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in Malta.
No postal applications, or telephone calls please.
Due to the extremely high number of applications we receive we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
To all recruitment agencies:
At present Mizzi Studio is not working with recruitment agencies. Please do not call to follow up on your email, we will be in touch.