Mokka Design is hiring a middleweight interior architect with a focus on drawings, project and site management to join its team in London or Wimbledon, UK.
Role and responsibilities:
- work alongside the design director to translate a client’s brief and develop concepts
- space planning and producing detailed drawing tender packages for lighting, joinery, kitchens and bathrooms under the direction of the design director
- putting together schedules and specifications of free issue items in relation to the interior architecture
- independent site management
- conduct surveys and ensure that design details are being carried out correctly
- assisting on the project programme during initial architectural stages of a project and managing deliveries and installations of interior architectural elements
Knowledge and skills:
- minimum three years’ of professional experience in a design studio and a portfolio of projects worked on at a high level
- fluent 3D computer skills including 3D packages and SketchUp
- proficient in Microsoft Office, Autocad and Adobe Creative Suite with high level skills in Adobe Photoshop rendering
- freehand sketching
- knowledge of current building regulations and a practical understanding of technical/ construction details
- experience in producing detailed design packages for tender
- excellent spatial planning skills
- an eye for detail and a meticulous approach to checking for errors
- experience of finishes relating to high end residential interior design
- extensive experience of being on site and managing contractors and trades
- a dedicated approach, considering every design detail
- driven and motivated to learn and progress
Salary based on experience.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, examples of your work and current salary via the apply for job button below.