MOST Architecture has an opportunity for an architect to join its studio in London.
MOST Architecture is looking for a talented architect/designer with strong detailing, design and software skills and to join our growing small practice in London, Waterloo.
Who we are
We are a small and growing design-driven practice with a range of interesting residential, commercial and public projects in a variety of stages.
Our multidisciplinary office is in the excellent location in the Kennington Village, in close proximity to multiple cafes, restaurants, sports and other facilities.
Our clients are a mixed group of interesting individuals, exciting companies and NGOs.
Prior to starting MOST Architecture, the founder worked on civic, infrastructural and elite residential projects for a selection of the world’s top practices, including OMA, Zaha Hadid Architects, and Grimshaw Architects.
Roles and responsibilities:
- prepare, develop and edit virtual and physical models, drawings, images and other project documents for use in presentations, planning, tendering and construction
- develop construction details, and building materials specifications
- prepare planning applications and design statements
- carry out sensitive site analysis, demonstrating an understanding of place, and communicate this effectively in design drawings and diagrams
- research relevant building standards and manufacturing literature and develop building details
- see projects through from start to finish, as well as to work on more than one project at once
- liaise with suppliers and manufacturers, proactively source materials and samples
- contribute to the day-to-day operations of the practice
Skills and qualifications:
- good detailing skills and experience in detailed and technical design
- good written English and experience in drafting planning applications, design statements and tender documentation
- experience in specification writing is desirable
- good knowledge of Revit, or strong background in AutoCAD coupled with ability to learn new software fast
- knowledge of Rhino and Grasshopper is desirable
- good organisational skills and an ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- interest and understanding of building materials and construction details
- strives for design quality in all aspects of the role
- driven and eager to learn and develop
- experience in residential, commercial, civic and/or leisure sectors is desirable
Please submit a CV, covering letter, examples of work (up to 8MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.