MWAI is looking for a part-time practice manager to join its busy London studio.
The ideal candidate is someone who is outgoing, with experience in the design or construction industry and wants to be a core part of the future office success. Whilst the position may be well suited to someone with experience in business administration and book keeping, the practice can accommodate transferrable skills and the role could equally suit a graphic designer, project manager or interior designer who has the relevant skills and finds studio management an exciting challenge.
MWAI are a small to medium sized architectural and interiors practice based in Marylebone. We work mostly on the refurbishment and extension of homes, hospitality and small developments in central London. Our work is driven by a passion for context and craft.
We are looking to improve and grow. To do this we need people to contribute. We see enormous value in a confident and ambitious Studio Manager helping us to consolidate and improve the current business administration and practice management systems, with the possibility to eventually manage parts of the business independently.
As designers, we work hard when we need to, but we also want to enjoy our time in the office. We try to nurture a positive work environment and make the most of life in Central London. We value the time spent in the studio working together, which does benefit communication and design quality, but we also see the value of flexible working for the right candidate – which may suit caring or other commitments.
We envisage the practice manager role as a part-time. We have a generous holiday allowance, annual office trips, a defined career progression and pensions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- degree-Level qualification, attaining 2.1 equivalent or higher
- either relevant experience growing or operating a similar business as a professional, or relevant qualifications and experience to step into this role
- be an excellent communicator
- proficient at using MSOffice 365, and ideally Adobe Suite
- comfortable with organisation and administration of images and documentation
- English as a first language, with excellent written skills
If you are interested in becoming a valued member of the team and contributing to our future success, please apply with:
- a CV
- confirmation of your eligibility to live and work in the UK
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom