Nash Baker Architects is looking for an experienced architect to join its practice in London.
Nash Baker Architects are a growing design practice located in West London, specialising in high quality residential and conservation projects. We offer a full range of architectural services and pride ourselves on our attention to detail; both in the quality of our designs and the professional and personal service we provide our clients.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic candidate to join our friendly team. You will be working on a broad range of projects and workstages so you will need to be highly motivated, and possess lots of ‘common sense’. It is important that you are familiar with traditional construction methods and materials, and have experience in delivering high-end residential projects.
We offer the opportunity to develop and nurture your career in a well-established, busy and expanding architectural firm, with the satisfaction of working on exciting projects from concept through to completion.
Essential skills or experience:
- ARB registered
- preferably, Part 3 achieved in the UK
- minimum of four years in practice, working on UK construction projects
- good working knowledge of JCT/RIBA contracts, and experience in their administration
- good working knowledge of UK planning law/policy
- good working knowledge of building regulations; particularly in respect of domestic situations
- strong technical detailing skills, and experienced in resolving technical challenges
- ability to take simple concept designs through to construction level drawings
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- organised and punctual
- fully conversant with AutoCAD
- good design and presentation
- experience in high-end residential work
- self-motivated and confident to work from home if required
Desirable skills or experience:
- experience with listed buildings
- experience in basement construction
- experience in producing bespoke construction details
- experience of NBS specification writing
- experience with using Revit
Please only apply if you feel you have all the essential experience outlined above.
We pride ourselves on paying our staff fairly for the work they do with competitive salaries, healthcare, pension, and bonuses. The position is full time, and an immediate start available.
To apply, please click the ‘apply’ button below and attach:
- a CV,
- examples of work (max combined file size 5MB)
- and your salary expectations
No agencies thank you. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom