Nash Baker Architects is looking for an experienced project architect to join its team in London.
Nash Baker Architects are a growing design practice located in west London, specialising in high quality residential and conservation projects. We offer a full range of architectural services and pride ourselves on our attention to detail; both in the quality of our designs and the professional and personal service we provide our clients.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic candidate to join our friendly team. You will be working on a broad range of projects and workstages so you will need to be highly motivated and possess lots of ‘common sense’. It is important that you are familiar with traditional construction methods and materials, and have experience delivering high-end residential projects.
We offer the opportunity to develop and nurture your career in a well-established, busy and expanding architectural firm, with the satisfaction of working on exciting projects from concept through to completion.
- run a high-end residential project with assistance from the team
- following this you will typically work on bespoke high spec projects in prime London locations, valued £1m – £5m
- manage and guide more junior team members
- meet face to face with clients on a regular basis
- site visits
- be involved in the running of system standards for the practice and NBS
- report to the Directors on project progress.
Essential skills or experience
- ARB registered
- preferably, Part III achieved in the UK
- minimum five to six years post Part 2, predominantly working on UK high-end residential projects
- good working knowledge of JCT/RIBA contracts, and experience in their administration
- good working knowledge of UK planning law/policy
- good working knowledge of building regulations; particularly in respect of domestic situations
- strong technical detailing skills
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- organised and punctual
- fully conversant with AutoCAD
- good design and presentation skills
Desirable skills or experience:
- experience with listed buildings
- experience in basement construction
- experience preparing and submitting planning applications
- good working knowledge of UK Building Regulations
- experience in producing bespoke construction details
- experience of NBS specification writing
- experience of client management
- good hand drafting skills or 3D modelling
- demonstrable leadership and team-building skills
- Revit experience
Please only apply if you feel you have all of the essential experience outlined above.
We pride ourselves on paying our staff fairly for the work they do with competitive salaries, healthcare, pension, and bonuses. The position is full time, and an immediate start available. We offer flexible working hours/days, particularly during these exceptional times when you are likely to be asked to work from home at least some of the time.
No agencies please.
We also apologise now that we will not be responding to applicants unless they are shortlisted for interview.
Please submit your cover letter, CV and examples of your work (max 10MB) by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.