National Gallery of Victoria has an opportunity for an exhibition designer to join its team in Melbourne, Australia.
$67,866 gross per annum + 9.5% superannuation
Full time, fixed term for two years
Closing date for applications: 5pm on 13 March 2019
The National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) is seeking an exhibition designer to support the exhibition design team with key exhibition and infrastructure projects. This position is responsible for assisting in the development of creative design concepts and solutions for permanent and temporary exhibitions, programs, events and commercial projects.
About the position
You will undertake design and planning for temporary exhibitions, collection displays, events, programs and commercial projects including; the preparation of concepts, design development, specifications and documentation drawings for build and tendering purposes, arranging quotes and procurement of approved services and project administration.
Other key responsibilities include:
- undertaking and supporting the exhibition design team in CAD documentation for exhibitions and displays for construction purposes including design and production of environmental graphics
- preparing schedules and cost estimates to inform planning and budgeting for the exhibition design resources and employing project management methodologies to ensure successful outcomes on time and within budget
- ensuring effective liaison and collaboration with National Gallery of Victoria staff at all levels and managing external contractors on all aspects of exhibition design and commercial projects including production, coordination, scheduling and project and risk management to ensure outcomes are safe, timely and delivered within budget
To be successful you will have:
- an approved degree in interior design, architecture or allied field, coupled with proven experience in a design environment, preferably controlling design projects
- the proven ability to execute the design process of a project, from conceptual visualisation through to final CAD documentation drawings and specifications for build and quotation purposes, production of documents for graphics and project administration
- the ability to produce project plans where objectives are clearly defined and action steps for achieving them are clearly specified, regularly communicating with and supporting project team members and ensuring project objectives are met by anticipating and managing potential and emerging issues
How to apply
For full application details and a copy of the role statement, please refer to our website. Applications close at 5pm on 13 March 2019.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.