Natural Building Systems is seeking a part-time design focused architect to join its team in Diss, UK.
Term of employment: Part-time – Initially 3 days pw
Remuneration: Subject to experience and in line with RIBA salary guidelines.
We are looking for a talented project architect with a passion for sustainable design to lead the development of an innovative range of buildings that showcase the versatility of our new integrated low-carbon modular construction system.
Following our product launch in 2022, the candidate will lead the design process for new clients and custom projects alongside supporting the initial enquiry process and generating PR.
We are based near Diss, Norfolk but are open to flexible and remote working arrangements.
- working closely with the team through all RIBA project stages to deliver new building typologies and drawing packages for our range of integrated modular houses and other building types
- liaising with local authorities and others to produce low carbon development feasibility reports
- collaborating with leading experts in the research and development of innovative modular construction techniques and materials
- contributing to the development of graphic renders, models, web content and promotional materials
- following our launch in 2022, managing enquiries and customer engagement through the design, fabrication and assembly process
- a talented project Architect with a minimum three years’ experience of running projects and leading a design team
- excellent design, detailing and technical skills and be able to demonstrate knowledge of UK building regulations and experience across all RIBA work stages
- knowledge of modular and prefab construction is desirable
- highly proficient in CAD and 3D modelling programmes with the ability to produce drawings quickly/efficiently
- a good communicator who can liaise directly with clients, stakeholders and developers
- strong project management skills and generally well organised
- ability to travel to and work from our office in Diss when necessary
- motivated by the prospect of joining a small but ambitious early stage company
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit as a single PDF document with the following information:
a brief cover letter/email outlining your interests in joining NBS, experience, and availability
a CV and sample portfolio as a pdf attachment Applications should be submitted before the 31st December by clicking the ‘apply’ link below (attachments should not exceed 10MB).
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to start immediately if possible.