NBBJ is recruiting a project manager to join its team in London.
We are an award-winning design firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. Our purpose-driven approach creates healthy places, strong communities and a resilient environment. That’s where you come in. With leading clients, diverse colleagues and offices in creative capitals around the globe, a career at NBBJ will inspire you to be extraordinary and help create lasting change. You can learn more about our firm, see what it’s like to work here and explore recent projects and ideas at NBBJ.com. Join us to make an impact today!
The role at a glance
NBBJ is seeking an enthusiastic and creative project manager with an architectural background, who can work collaboratively with a team to manage large, complex projects, lead others, oversee the production of project deliverables, and interpret client needs. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and teamwork skills, and the motivation to engage with the array of NBBJ’s resources in achieving high-performance and sustainable outcomes.
In the UK, our practice is designing the largest projects to date for both the University of Oxford and University of Cambridge, leading what is next in the future of research design and guiding the NHS on design of hospitals which consider wellbeing and experience of staff every bit as important as that of patients.
In your new role, you will:
- manage team complexity – plans, organization, and supervision the work of a design staff of five to ten plus individuals
- build and maintain day-to-day working relationship with clients, consultants and design teams
- develop design stage programmes
- lead decision making process with fiscal accountability and responsibility
- be responsible for the preparation and upkeep of internal project performance reports
- develop and execute a management work plan for the overall projects
- assist with proposal preparation and participates in client presentations/interviews
- be responsible for correspondence, reports, documentation and general administration for the overall projects, including compliance and quality assurance
- be responsible for execution of project within the boundaries of the design intent
- apply sound and diversified knowledge of architectural principals for all aspects of the projects
- solve problems creatively with consultants
- lead the negotiation, drafting and preparation of contract documents
- assist with business development and collaborate with other studios, as needed
- develop and leverage existing client relationship for the purposes of wining work
- assist practice leaders in developing market or client campaigns and interview to win new work
What you will need to succeed:
- minimum eight years of professional experience in architecture, with a minimum of four years of project management experience
- experience with large, complex commercial, science and healthcare projects
- Bachelor’s degree; BArch or MArch desired
- architectural licensure desired
- LEED or equivalent accreditation, or accreditation within 18 months of hire
- a proven track record as a project manager with large, complex projects involving work that ranges from pre-design through
- construction administration, including contract negotiation, resource management, work plan development and the ability to work with a variety of project delivery methodologies
- excellent leadership, verbal and communication skills, and effective client relationship skills and talent for leading and working with diverse teams of designers
- proficiency in Revit essential
- knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, Rhino or 3ds Max desired
- ability to lead and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- ability to work in a collaborative, design focused open environment
- ability to travel as the projects require
This role will be hybrid and will require candidates to be employed out of the London office.
Please apply via the apply for job button below.
NBBJ is an equal opportunity employer and M/F disabled and vet EEO/AA employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent acquisition team.