NBBJ is looking for a senior designer to join its London practice.
For more than 75 years, NBBJ has been guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognised as the world’s most innovative architecture firm by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions — Google, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford and leading UK and international healthcare providers — to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
This is a great opportunity to join NBBJ in a senior designer role in our London studio.
NBBJ London is seeking a senior designer to work on complex UK and international projects. NBBJ is a design-driven practice seeking top talent; our work requires high-performance designers who possess strong communication skills and graphic abilities, as well as the ability to work within multiple platforms and understand a holistic approach to design.
Your new role:
- lead and oversee the design of projects of various sizes and complexities, for academic, institutional and commercial clients within the studio
- foster and develop design talent within the studio, leading project design teams with enthusiasm and setting standards for professional and creative rigour
- participate in work-winning pursuits developing design proposals for bids, presenting at interviews, engaging with clients face to face
- plan and lead research to discover new and innovative insights for design practice
- remain abreast of industry trends and challenges
- participate in business development activities
What you will need to succeed:
- 10+ years professional experience
- registered architect (ARB or equivalent)
- experience of healthcare, higher education, science buildings an advantage
- strong conceptual design and schematic design skills
- strong analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills
- strong verbal and graphic communication skills; ability to work within diverse teams of designers
- capability to prepare design and construction documents and coordinate specifications
- proficiency in Revit with 3D modeling skills (eg: Grasshopper and Rhino)
- working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketchup, 3DS Max
- proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- ability to lead/participate in multiple projects with competing deadlines
- ability to work in a collaborative, open environment
- willingness and ability to participate in industry speaking or presentation engagements
- ability to travel
No agencies, please.