Neil Dusheiko Architects is seeking an experienced project architect to join its creative studio in Islington, London.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and creative person with residential experience to join our friendly team. We have a lot of exciting and innovative projects on the go and need to expand.
The most essential criteria
You would have completed at least two high end residential projects and have worked through all RIBA stages 1 to 6 and delivered exceptional projects.
Required experience and criteria
A project architect should have at least two to three years UK experience post-Part 3 qualification and a senior project architect at least five to seven years UK experience post-Part 3 qualification.
We would also consider an experienced non-ARB registered person as long as you have at least three years of experience working as a project leader on residential projects and have completed two projects on site through all stages.
You must be able to demonstrate exemplary leadership, communication and teamwork ability, thorough knowledge of UK planning and building regulations, strong administrative skills and advanced knowledge of Vectorworks, SketchUp, Enscape and Adobe Suite.
You would have worked closely on every aspect of the project from concept design, preparing contract documentation and dealing with the contract phases as well.
Please note we specialise only in working on residential projects and so only apply if this is the type of work you are passionate about doing.
We do not work on other building types and we are looking for someone experienced in working with domestic clients.
This is a full-time position and the successful candidate will be capable of managing three-to-four residential projects at various stages.
Benefits and studio culture:
- we work in a purpose-designed studio surrounded by natural light near parks, the canal, shops and pubs in Angel
- we have a supportive and highly collaborative team structure
- we encourage personal growth and design challenges, our teams work in a collaborative manner to design high-quality work with clear design concepts and strive to deliver great customer service
- we are a close-knit team – we have a drink in the pub together every Friday
- we offer additional bonus leave above the statutory amount when the office is closed during Christmas
- we have away days where we visit exciting and interesting new works of architecture
- cycle to work scheme
- employers pension contribution
- competitive salaries based on RIBA guidelines and banding
- we actively encourage a holistic work-life balance to allow people to bring their best selves to work and produce work that they are proud of
- we are a pet-friendly office as well as working in a verdant plant-filled office
We are fortunate to attract fantastic clients who trust and respect our creativity, and the entire process is collaborative and friendly. We provide a well-designed nurturing, supportive environment to allow people to do their best work, supported by others. We have a clear set of systems and structures evolving as new ideas and viewpoints are brought into the studio, providing our team with the framework to grow holistically, both personally and professionally.
We are an equal opportunities employer, encouraging diversity and equality and inclusion amongst our staff. We welcome applications from all, regardless of personal characteristics or background. We encourage our employees to have a long-term view and clear goals towards career development and progression.
We have an online-only application process – click here to apply.
Please read the application criteria carefully. If you have any questions, please feel free to send us an email via the link here.
Please do not send links for online portfolios or portfolios to be downloaded via the cloud.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Applications will close on 31 March 2024.