NEUE is searching for a senior FF&E specialist/designer to join its studio in London.
NEUE is a multi-disciplinary studio with offices in Berlin and London. We are specialised in high-end residential and hospitality interiors.
The work of a senior FF&E designer is closely linked with the architectural side of the project.
The designer has to develop the FF&E concept in conjunction with the project principal and project manager and maintain the programme and budget under the direction of the project manager. The senior FF&E designer is responsible for coordinating the FF&E information with the job captain and project manager to ensure accurate integration into the architectural documentation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- working with project manager and client to develop schematic FF&E design
- based on project criteria (brief): programme and budget
- participating in presentations and ensure the format is compatible client standards
- developing and maintain FF&E budget
- developing FF&E specification for documentation
- directing and reviewing purchase order process to ensure completeness and accuracy (as required)
- serving as principal contact with purchasing agent
- reviewing samples, strike-offs for compliance with specifications and design intent
- directing and reviewing furniture and installation plans for content and accuracy and ensure that they are fully coordinated with architectural and other consultant’s drawings
- coordinating selection and presentation of artwork and accessories (purchasing if required).
- coordinating FF&E installation with all parties involved
- working with job captain and project manager throughout project to help formulate staff utilisation/work plan, task assignments and allocation of fees
- being familiar with the project contract and contractual responsibilities as they relate to FF&E in all phases
- coordinating with project manager in producing finishes schedules attending and reviewing site installation of all FF&E items (depending on project requirements)
- directing education of junior FF&E design staff in office standards, policy etc.
Please include your CV and portfolio (max. 10MB) in your application, along with a cover letter including your notice period, salary expectations and visa status as applicable. Job involves frequent travels to Europe.