NEUE is searching for a senior interior designer or architect to join its studio in London.
The candidate needs to have proven experience as a project manager and will lead a team of five staff for a luxury residential project in Berlin that will be carried out in collaboration with a reputable US architecture firm.
The candidate should:
- have a minimum of ten years’ experience in the role of an interior designer or architect, with extensive creative competence
- work experience with all RIBA stages and/or HOAI 1-9 stages
- site experience required – following projects from concept through to construction
- have knowledge of furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E)
- have knowledge of materiality and finishes
- hold a bachelor’s and preferably also a masters degree in interior design or architecture
- experience of managing and mentoring a team
- experience in the following essential programs: AutoCAD Adobe Suite, MS Office
- have excellent design, presentation and graphics skills
- be passionate about keeping up-to-date with new developments and design trends in the design industry
- have the ability to visualise concepts and confidently present
- communicate in English and German fluently
The candidate will be responsible for working closely with head of interiors on the following:
- processing and developing initial ideas and acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with project team
- researching and developing innovative interior environments including concepts, design development and detail design (including visuals, modelling, rendering, technical design documentation)
- liaising with outside suppliers, contractors and specialists
- presenting ideas both internally and externally
- strong organisational and communication skills
- ability to create project programs, manage budgets and achieve deadlines
- proactive and can work both on individual tasks and within a project team
- a desire to push the firm ahead of its competition
- attention to detail
- calm under pressure
- ability to prioritise and multitask in a fast-moving environment
- can-do attitude
Please include your CV and portfolio (max. 10MB) in your application, along with a cover letter including your notice period, salary expectations and visa status as applicable.
Please send your application via the ‘apply’ link below.