New London Architecture has an opportunity for an account manager to join its team in London.
Account manager, New London Architecture (NLA)
Salary: basic £30,000 plus commission
OTE: £40-45,000 per annum
New London Architecture (NLA)is London’s independent centre for debate, discussion and information about the future shape of the capital.
We are an independent, purpose-led, membership-driven business with a team that share our core values, of being at all times informed, rigorous, collaborative and responsive. Our purpose is to improve the quality of people’s lives by making London a better place to live, work and visit
Our year-round programme of research, events, exhibitions and awards convenes professionals and decision-makers from across the public and private sectors, together with community groups, to share knowledge, provide a forum for debate and shape a better city.
Major events that we deliver, alongside our year-round research-driven programme, include the London Real Estate Forum, London at MIPIM and the London Festival of Architecture.
Our fast-growing membership of some 600 organisations spans both the public and private sector, including architects and designers, developers, engineers, planners, agents, public sector bodies, product manufacturers and multinational corporations.
We have two public galleries in central London featuring large scale interactive models that attract over 200,000 visitors per year, with our head office located in The Building Centre, WC1.
NLA is looking for a strategic account manager to join the client-relationship team. This is an exceptionally varied and interesting role where you will be responsible for building and maintaining strong business relationships with both existing and new clients.
The account manager will be required to manage, service and grow a portfolio of NLA partners, sponsors and exhibitors within their designated sector. The role includes a variety of key components, such as managing relationships with existing members, sponsors and clients, processing annual renewals, helping to increase the size of the membership network and growing your accounts through sponsorship, exhibition space and delegate sales.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join the team at a time when we are growing and integrating a number of teams within the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving their own individual revenue targets, as well as supporting the team to achieve overall team targets.
You will have the opportunity to widen your knowledge and learn about all aspects of London’s built environment through attending NLA and client events and regularly meeting and networking with key figures within the industry.
As an account manager you will manage a portfolio of £800,000+ which includes some of our key accounts and be the main point of contact for your clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- client management – engaging with your accounts on a regular basis to strategically plan their involvement over the year across our activities and work with them to maximise member or sponsor benefits
- client renewals – ensure your members, sponsors and exhibitors renew annually
- client development – promote opportunities for your members to get more involved in NLA, increase their involvement across the NLA business and work with our business development team to grow your client-base
- NLA advocacy– attend NLA and other industry events to promote NLA and its business and support members from within the network
- Given the nature of the business the successful candidate will be required to attend both NLA and other industry events which may fall outside of core working hours.
What we are looking for…
We are looking for someone with experience in an account management, sales or PR role, as a combination of creative and strategic thinking is required. You will be confident in a client-facing role as you will be dealing with people at a senior level from across a number of high-profile organisations.
Along with being strategic, you will also be commercially minded, and focused on driving the organic growth of your accounts. Applications are welcome from individuals with an interest in any of our membership sectors.
- proven track record in an account management or sales role
- knowledge or an interest in architecture, planning or development
- working with high-level stakeholders
- using a CRM system
- networking within a variety of event formats
- excellent face-to-face and written communication skills
- ambitious and target-driven with strong commercial acumen
- ability to prioritise and juggle a varied and sometimes heavy workload
- confident working with a high degree of autonomy
- comfortable networking and happy to attend regular industry events
Holidays 25 days (including Christmas closure) plus bank holidays. Your normal working week is 40 hours, Monday to Friday.
To apply, please follow the link to our website, this will link to the recruitment page where you can apply sending your CV and a covering letter by Friday 13 December.
Early applications are encouraged as we are keen to secure interviews, and select a successful candidate before the end of the year
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.