New London Architecture is seeking a marketing and communications coordinator to join its team in London.
Marketing and communications coordinator, New London Architecture (NLA)
Reports to – senior marketing manager – head of digital
Salary – £24,000 – £26,000
New London Architecture (NLA) is London’s centre for excellence for the built environment.
Our purpose is to make London a better place for those who live, work and visit.
We do this through a busy year-round programme of research, events, festivals, exhibitions, publications, promoting debate and discussion about the future of cities.
Our fast-growing membership spans across public and private sectors, in London, UK and internationally, and we have two central London public exhibition galleries both with giant interactive models of central London, where anyone can come to learn about future-plans for the city.
NLA is looking for a marketing and communications coordinator to provide a critical level of support to the marketing and communications team across a wide range of tasks in delivering the busy programme of online, print and social media resources. This role will have a primary focus on the production, collation and editing of content.
You will be involved in working closely with multiple teams across the business; drafting of marketing content for digital and printed communications; and communicating progress internally in a timely and concise way.
- source, produce and plan engaging content to ensure all areas of NLA content such as news, blog and social media channels are up to date, relevant and interesting using the brand’s tone of voice
- support the marketing team with day-to-day initiatives, campaigns and forward planning
- manage updates to NLA websites and third-party platforms such as Eventbrite with direction from senior managers
- work closely with key stakeholders from across the business to support membership and campaign launches as well as events, publications and supplying support for plans/schedules for social activity
- write engaging, impactful SEO friendly content across all formats to improve the companies organic reach
- schedule content across websites, social media channels and email in line with individual campaign strategies
- copywriting, including but not limited to social media posts, blog articles, event descriptions and press releases
- contribute to team brainstorms and idea generation for content, brand initiatives and campaigns
- identify collaborations with industry influencers
- monitor and report on performance on social media channels and accounts
- follow and identify trends that are relevant to the built environment industry
- stay up to date with the latest developments from social media platforms and report back learnings to the team
- maintain and update relevant marketing documentation and databases
What we are looking for
You will be a self-starter with an interest in the key issues influencing London’s development and investment industries, as well as in London and its built environment more generally. You will share our team’s core values by always being informed, rigorous, collaborative and responsive in everything you do.
Required experience and skills:
- an interest in the built environment/architecture/design
- strong copywriting skills, proof reading and attention to detail
- proven experience of working on social media campaigns from conception to finish
- experience using Photoshop/InDesign
- good knowledge base using Mailchimp
- strong visual and communication skills
- experience writing engaging content in long and short form
- excellent written and spoken English
- social media channel management and content creation
- an understanding of how to apply SEO best practices
- ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace environment
- proactive and team player
- self-motivated, uses initiative and problem solver
- enthusiasm and a willingness to undertake other tasks and learn new skills
- work to tight deadlines with a can-do attitude
- strong communicator internal/external
Holiday 25 days per year (including Christmas closure) plus bank holidays.
The normal working week is 40 hours, Monday to Friday.
To apply, please follow the link to our recruitment page where you can apply by sending your CV and covering letter no later than 14 December 2020.
Early applications are encouraged as we are keen to secure interviews before the deadline date.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.