Nex has an opportunity for a recently qualified architect to join its studio in London.
We are a London-based architecture studio designing distinctive projects inspired by place, people and atmosphere.
We design interiors, buildings and places that connect architecture to the city by closely integrating with the public realm. We work with high-profile clients on a diverse range of project types including education, arts and culture, leisure, workplace and transport. Current projects include a library for the University of Oxford, a national archive and library for the RAF Museum, refurbishments for the British Museum and a pier in Essex.
We have a portfolio of finely crafted built work that has won awards and received international attention. In 2020, Nex were shortlisted by Dezeen for the world’s best leisure project and named BD Public Realm Architect of the Year.
We have a vacancy for an ambitious qualified architect to join our team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on public and cultural projects from concept through to construction. We are particularly looking for a candidate with an interest in, or experience of, working within heritage contexts and in the refurbishment of museums.
We want to meet candidates who have the following attitude and experience:
- past experience at a small to medium-sized practice working on well-crafted buildings
- a creative designer with an eye for detail
- excellent communication skills with the confidence to build good relationships with clients, consultants and contractors
- good sketching skills and able to communicate design intent graphically
- confidence to work with consultants and coordinate design
- strong project-management skills and an ability to meet deadlines and milestones
- good team player with the ability to manage the work of more junior team members
- competency in Rhino, 2D and 3D Vectorworks preferred
- good working knowledge of UK building regulations, NBS and writing specifications
- proficient with Adobe CS Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
We are a friendly young team who can offer an exceptional professional development experience from our super collaborative studio in Fitzrovia. We offer an exceptional mentoring and training experience, set within a great studio workspace in central London. Our studio comes with bike stores, showers and kitchen, games, great coffee machines and a range of plant-filled work settings.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply, please submit:
- a cover letter introducing yourself and your background and experience, and telling us why you want to join our team
- a CV and portfolio
Please submit these using the ‘apply for job’ button below. Total file size should be under 20 MB. We cannot open links to online portfolios.
Nex is an equal opportunities employer. No agencies please.