at Nex Architecture
Nex Architecture has an opportunity for a qualified architect to join its studio in London.
We are a London-based architecture studio working on distinctive projects inspired by place, people and atmosphere.
We design interiors, buildings and places that connect architecture to the city by closely integrating with the public realm. We work with high-profile clients on a diverse range of project types including education, arts and culture, leisure, work, living and transport. Current projects include a library for the University of Oxford, a masterplan for the RAF Museum, multiple refurbishments for the British Museum, and other commercial, public realm and residential projects in London and Europe.
We have a portfolio of beautifully crafted built work that has won multiple awards and and received international attention. In 2020, Nex were shortlisted by Dezeen for the world’s best leisure project and named BD Public Realm Architect of the Year.
We have a vacancy for an ambitious qualified architect to join our team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a range of public / culture projects from concept through to construction. We are particularly looking for a candidate with the interest and experience of preparing tender and construction packages for the sensitive renovation of museums.
We want to meet candidates who have the following attitude and experience:
- past experience at a small to medium-sized design-focused studio showing evidence of completing beautifully crafted buildings
- a creative designer with a strength for technical detailing at all stages of design
- excellent communication skills with the confidence to build good relationships with clients, consultants and contractors
- good sketching skills and able to communicate technical details graphically
- experience of successfully working with public clients and multiple project stakeholders
- ability to manage consultants, coordinate design and administer building contracts
- strong project-management skills ability to meet deadlines and milestones
- strong team player with the ability to manage the work of others
- demonstrated fluency in Rhino, 2D and 3D Vectorworks
- good working knowledge of building regulations, NBS and writing specifications
- proficient with Adobe CS Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
Our are a friendly young team who can offer an exceptional proffessional development experience from our super collaborative studio in fitzrovia central London.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply, please submit:
- a cover letter introducing yourself and your background and experience, and telling us why you want to join our team.
- a CV and portfolio
Please submit these using the ‘apply’ link below. Total file size should be under 20MB. Please do not send links to online portfolios.
Nex are an equal opportunities employer. No agencies please.