Nex Architecture has an opportunity for a project architect/Part 3 architect to join its studio in London.
Nex is a London-based architecture studio working on distinctive projects inspired by place, people and atmosphere.
We design interiors, buildings and places that connect architecture to the city by tightly integrating with the public realm. We work with blue-chip clients on a diverse range of project types including education, arts and culture, leisure, work, living and transport. Current projects include a library for the University of Oxford, housing for the University of Cambridge, and workplace, public realm and residential projects in London.
We have a portfolio of beautifully crafted built work that has won multiple awards and been acclaimed internationally. This year, Nex were shortlisted by Dezeen for the world’s best leisure project and named BD Public Realm Architect of the Year.
We have a vacancy for an ambitious and experienced Part 3 project architect to join our team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of project uses and scales, following projects from concept through to construction.
We want to meet candidates who have the following attitude and experience:
- experience at a small to medium-sized design-focused studio showing evidence of completing beautifully crafted projects
- a creative designer with a strength for technical detailing at all stages of design
- a track record of the successful design and realisation of projects from concept to completion
- excellent communication skills with the confidence to build strong relationships with clients, consultants and contractors
- experience of successfully working with institutional and commercial clients and effectively managing multiple project stakeholders
- demonstrated ability to manage consultants, coordinate design and administer building contracts
- strong project-management skills including budgeting, preparing project programmes, and meeting deadlines and milestones
- strong team player with the ability to lead a team and manage the work or others
- a proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects at the same time
- demonstrate excellent initiative and independent proactive problem solving
- demonstrated fluency in Rhino, 2D Vectorworks, and Vectorworks Architect BIM
- good working knowledge of building regulations, NBS and writing specifications
- proficient with Adobe CS Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- good sketching skills and able to communicate technical details graphically
Our team is young, cosmopolitan, ambitious and committed. We offer an exceptional mentoring and training experience in a great central London environment.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and available to start by February 2021.
To apply, please submit:
- a cover letter introducing yourself and your background and experience
- a CV and portfolio
- a short 1-3 minute video telling us why you believe you would make a great addition to our team
Please submit these using the ‘apply’ link below. Total file size should be under 20MB. Please do not send links to online portfolios.
Nex are an equal opportunities employer. No agencies please.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom