Nicholsons is looking for a landscape architect to join its team in Oxfordshire.
- do you have a passion and an interest in beautiful gardens and houses?
- do you have at least two year’s garden design or landscape architecture experience with the confidence to discuss and back up your designs in a professional manner with clients?
- do you have exceptional competence in CAD and Vectorworks and knowledge of working in 3D?
- are you wanting to escape from London to work in Oxfordshire?
If you also have an excellent eye for detail, an interest in private domestic work and planning, commercial and social awareness, the ability to be flexible and work in a team, then please apply.
The position involves working in a supportive role to lead designers, achieving the following:
- creating high-end garden landscape designs using Vectorworks
- ensuring client interface throughout projects, ensuring timescales are clear and managed, and that expectations are surpassed
- presenting design work in an informative, artistic yet professional manner
- drawings must be issued to an industry acceptable standard, scaled, orientated and keyed
- being pragmatic and thorough in all design work
- preparing clear bills of quantity
- carrying out ‘end of project/completion’ site meetings that will ensure the customer requirements are exceeded
- working to CDM regulations
Training will be provided to allow you to increase your learning and skill level, where appropriate. The position is full-time from 7.30 am to 4.30 pm and work needs to be carried out in the rural North Aston offices (Oxfordshire, UK).
Nicholsons offers a competitive rate of pay, dependent on experience and qualifications, plus other benefits. You must have a valid UK driving license.
Nicholsons is a high end, quality-driven practice with a particular interest in sustainable development. It is a family run business where opportunities are given to staff to develop their skills and abilities. For more information please visit the website.
Please apply through the apply button below and sending your CV and cover note. You will be expected to provide a portfolio of evidence for your recent work.