Nick Leith-Smith is seeking a residential Part 2/3 architectural assistant with a minimum of three years’ experience to join its team in London.
Nick Leith-Smith Architecture + Design is a highly creative and professional London-based studio. Our award-winning international projects cover an exciting array of high-profile work in residential, retail and hospitality.
We are currently looking for a talented and self-motivated individual with experience and professionalism to join the team. We are creating this role to meet the growing needs of our residential workload and the opportunity is best suited to someone with experience in high-end residential construction, detailing and coordination.
We are looking for the right candidate to start immediately.
Responsibilities will include:
- delivering the highest quality of drawn and written output at all times
- preparing technical design packages and specification information for coordination and construction
- reporting and providing feedback to the internal and external project team integrating a sustainable ethos
- identifying project risks during the architectural process
- contributing to design and technical workshops
- bringing new ideas and energy into the company through self-directed research and a desire for excellence
- maintaining careful custody of the client brief and company vision in all aspects of the architectural process
- looking for opportunities to increase efficiency and improve processes
- managing and fostering strong, productive relationships with clients, consultants and contractor
Key skills required:
- a recognised Part 2 or equivalent degree qualification
- excellent technical knowledge and detailing skills
- three to five years relevant experience working in a residential practice
- experience working across all RIBA work stages
- knowledge of UK planning and building regulations
- proficiency in Vectorworks, SketchUp, InDesign, Photoshop and Office 365
- confident in communicating with clients, contractors and consultants
- good hand-drawing skills are an advantage
- hands-on approach to all tasks
- be eligible to work in the UK and be fluent in English, both written and verbal
How to apply
If you are a confident, proactive and enthusiastic individual and looking to join a young dynamic company, we’d like to hear from you!
Please submit your CV, portfolio and a cover letter explaining how you meet the criteria, all in PDF format via the apply for job button below.
Unfortunately, we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates. No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.