NicoleHollis is seeking a residential project designer to join its team in San Francisco, USA.
The project designer position is available at a mid-size San Francisco residential and commercial interior design firm.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience in the architecture and design industry, focusing on high-end residential design.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- research and analysis: research and analysis of the client’s goals and requirements; development of documents, drawings and diagrams that outline those needs, ability to interact effectively with the design team on multiple projects
- planning: formulate preliminary space plans and two and three-dimensional design concept studies and sketches that integrate the client’s needs and are based on knowledge of the principles of interior design and theories of human behaviour
- oversee: oversee the implementation of interior design solutions for each project from concept stage through installation
- confirmation: confirm that preliminary space plans and design concepts are safe, functional, aesthetically appropriate, and meet all public health, safety and welfare requirements
- selection: Select colours, materials and finishes to appropriately convey the design concept, functional, life-cycle performance, environmental, and safety requirement
- management: manage the interior design resource library and maintain vendor contacts for interior furnishings, fixtures and finishes
- furniture and fixtures: select and specify furniture, fixtures, equipment and millwork, including layout drawings and detailed product description; and provision of contract documentation to facilitate pricing, procurement and installation of furniture
- specifications and schedules: prepare specifications and schedules with accurate product information for all furniture, plumbing, appliances, lighting and finishes
- construction documents: prepare construction documents, consisting of plans, elevations, details and specifications, to illustrate non-structural and/or non-seismic partition layouts; power and communications locations; reflected ceiling plans and lighting designs; materials and finishes; and furniture layouts, ability to field measure and document building condition
- regulations: preparation of construction documents to adhere to regional building and fire codes, municipal codes, and any other jurisdictional statutes, regulations and guidelines applicable to the interior space
- coordination: coordination and collaboration with other design professionals who may be retained to provide consulting services, including but not limited to architects; structural, mechanical and electrical engineers, and various speciality consultants
- observation and reporting: observation and reporting on the implementation of projects and punch list items while in progress and upon completion, as a representative of and on behalf of the client
- administration: prepare project proposals, costs, and fee analysis; review project billing
- degree in interior design
- minimum of three to five years’ interior design experience
- excellent presentation skills, including space planning and drawing
- proficiency in AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT
- ability to create a set of construction drawings, specifications and schedule
- ability to create and manage Excel spreadsheets
- knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- knowledge of and/or ability to learn time-keeping and billing software
- experience selecting and specifying lighting, furnishings, hardware, floor/window coverings, materials, and finishes
- ability to interact effectively with the design team on multiple projects
- experience with purchasing and budgets
- knowledge of trade resources and vendors
- task focus: delivers legendary service to clients and vendors that meets and exceeds expectations
- ethics and integrity: adheres to NHID values, beliefs, and principles of innovation and excellence in design
- composure: remains calm, maintains perspective, and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations
- personal learning: takes personal responsibility for the continuous learning of new knowledge, skills, and experiences
- dealing with ambiguity: able to successfully function during times of uncertainty and changing priorities
- decision-making: makes keen, timely decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- interpersonal savvy: builds effective relationships with all people – up, down and sideways, inside and outside of NHID
- results-oriented: gets results and achieves goals
This position is full-time, permanent, and with full medical, dental, life, vision and commuter benefits.
Please submit your resume, work samples and salary requirements using the ‘apply’ link below. Thank you.