Nike is looking for an apparel computational designer to join its team in Portland, USA.
Location: Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Department: NXT digital innovation
The NXT Digital Innovation team provides a competitive advantage to our creation teams by fueling product innovation and craft. To accomplish this, we leverage the power of modern technologies, skillsets and services. We are seeking an apparel computational designer 2 who has a strong design portfolio, expertise in 2D and 3D product design and computational design software, and experience in apparel product design is a benefit.
As our apparel computational designer 2, you’ll work with the apparel design team to identify new digital capabilities, design products and streamline product design, development and manufacturing. You’ll leverage your expertise of computational design tools to help design great product. You will have a solid understanding of computational design best practices.You also are familiar with advanced digital skills and understand how to integrate them with apparel product creation best practices. In your portfolio of work, you should have clear examples of your design aesthetics and demonstrate how you’ve worked on key product lines with complex design requirements. You’ll collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and participate in the creation of best-in-class product.
- work hands-on to digitally design products leveraging industry standard computational design technologies
- multi-task and concurrently execute on several products
- partner on the product lifecycle process with the design and development organizations
- collaborate with NXT (Nike Innovation), design and product creation partners to drive towards process and technology change
- participate on multiple interdisciplinary project teams
- clearly communicate project status and manage priorities
- ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality
- work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations
- excellent oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and making persuasive presentations
Requirements for the position include:
- bachelor’s degree in apparel design, industrial design or architecture
- masters in apparel design, industrial design or architecture preferred
- in lieu of degree, eight plus years’ of work experience in a similar role
- several examples of successfully launched products that demonstrate complex product design solutions
- at least eight plus years’ experience using 2D and 3D design software
- prefer five plus years’ experience in computational design or advanced CAD design
- ability to develop simple and elegant solutions to complex design problems
- ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team; communicate and influence throughout organizations
- must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- can work with grace under pressure
- strong understanding of materials and/or textiles
- expert skills preferred in Rhino, Grasshopper and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- intermediate skills with Maya, and ZBrush
- entry-level skills with Python, CLO3D
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Nike is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
Primary location: US, Oregon, Portland
Travel: yes, 5% of the time
Recruiter: Chris Hopkins
Drug screen required: no
Band (do not edit): U
Background check required: yes
Non-compete required: yes
Relocation available: yes
Please submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.