Nine United has an opening for a furniture and lighting – hospitality sales representative to join its team in London.
Nine United, furniture and lighting – hospitality sales, London
Nine United is looking for a highly-motivated furniture and lighting sales representative to join their London team. The representative will be responsible for promoting our brands, Frandsen Bespoke Lighting and Stellar Works to the London A&D community with a focus on developing opportunities for the collections with hotel clients driving forward sales growth.
We are in an exciting period of development and growth so we are looking for an individual who has a passion for new business and can utilise the opportunities to present a portfolio of complementary brands.
About the job
As a hospitality sales representative you will be responsible for introducing our brands to architects and designers and working with them to develop specifications using our standard and bespoke services and capabilities. Forging relationships with hospitality influencers and decision-makers and managing the procurement process via its various channels will be key.
More specifically, your tasks will include:
- developing relationships with a large network of stakeholders involved in hospitality projects; specifiers, contractors, cost consultants, hotels (independent and group). Working with all to develop opportunities and ensure specifications progress to purchase
- visits and presentations to architectural and design practices, developing their knowledge and confidence in our brands, products and bespoke services and capabilities
- early project involvement with specifiers which is key to developing bespoke solutions alongside our in-house design and engineering teams, which are located in Horsens, Amsterdam and Shanghai. Controlling the information flow between parties, helping evaluate and improve design and function
- taking care of daily client requirements as well as both short and long-term project management ensuring a consistently high level of customer service
- organise and host showroom meetings, presentations and events to promote and make the best use of the showroom space
- participation in international sales trainings and exhibitions may be required on an occasional basis
- utilising CRM and reporting tools to maintain a customer-focused and results-driven approach. Management of project pipeline and sales forecasts
Ideally two-plus years of sales experience, a proven track record of selling to hotels, both independent and group. Lighting sales preferable but not essential. You will have an existing networks of specifiers, contractors and hotels clients and experience in offering bespoke products and solutions. You will have strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills as well as an enthusiasm and interest in design, products, materials and manufacturing processes. You will possess strong time management skills including an ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
You as a person
As a person you are a service-minded, team player who enjoys working together with colleagues and clients. You are positive, driven to make your challenges a success, focused on finding solutions and identifying possibilities. You recognise the value of our products and services, and you take commercially-minded decisions with a long term benefit to our customers and to our business. You are familiar with the nature of a hospitality sales role, independent, sales-driven and able to balance back-office needs and proactive tasks. You enjoy working in an unpretentious environment where flexibility is key and everyone helps each other.
We look forward to hearing from you
We look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions about the position, you are more than welcome to contact Amy Fisher with your CV and cover letter. We evaluate applications and conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.
Application deadline is 30 April 2020.
About Nine United
Nine United is a privately held family of companies.
The history of Nine United began in 1975 in a small town called Ringkoebing on the western coast of Jutland with the foundation of Danish clothing company, Bestseller. As Bestseller grew, new areas were explored and new business opportunities took shape. The Nine United family began to form.
The Nine United family covers a range of different areas; design, architecture, retail display fixtures, CSR and sustainable development projects.
We develop businesses and brands within our network of global offices and showrooms, covering design, development supply chain and distribution with a focus on furniture, lighting and homeware for commercial and residential use. The family values which run through Nine United are an important part of our history and spirit. We seek and develop talent, business-minded and creative, to achieve our ideas and grow together. In our everyday work, we aim to dream big and act humble. This is reflected in our approach to every new project.
In our Nine United Europe offices, 2020 will see a further focus on the development of &Tradition, and the integration of the recently acquired Frandsen Group including Verpan. We are also working on a collaboration with hospitality and bespoke furniture company Stellar Works. Additionally Nine United Europe will work on the creation of a new brand as well as offering bespoke furniture and lighting for projects and white label furniture and lighting for retailers.
Nine United Europe
London – Paris – Amsterdam – Berlin – Dusseldorf – Munich – Antwerp –Zurich – Vienna – Copenhagen – Horsens – Malaga – Milan.