Nissen Richards Studio is seeking an architect with exhibition design experience to join its studio in London.
Nissen Richards Studio is a multidisciplinary team including architects, exhibition designers, graphic designers, interpretation specialists and theatre designers. We work on a range of interesting projects for major galleries and museums in the UK and internationally, as well as housing, music venue and arts-based architectural projects.
We are currently recruiting an experienced architect with cultural project experience to join our busy London team and work on the cultural project side. An active interest in the arts is essential. Experience in exhibition design would be an advantage but is not essential as we are keen to find the right person to fit the team.
We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated and have creative skills as well as technical knowledge and experience, who enjoy working as part of a team and managing others.
Other skills required:
- CAD drawing programme knowledge and proficiency of Vectorworks an advantage
- Adobe Creative Suite
- experienced in 3D drawing programmes such as Rhino 3D and SketchUp
- client-facing experience
- experience in preparing presentations and design development documents across a range of design stages
- confidence and positive attitude
- ability to work as part of a team
- excellent communication skills
- problem solver
- ability to multitask/work across several projects concurrently
- experience managing others/junior team members
- experience in managing external consultants and contractors
Please submit a short cover letter clearly describing your current qualifications, employment status and availability and why you think you would be suitable for this position alongside your CV and a concise portfolio showing your design and technical experience, under 5 MB. Please submit your application via the apply for job button below.
If you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or have transferable skills that would be valuable to our team.
We can only consider applicants eligible to work in the UK. We regret we can only respond to shortlisted applicants. The job opportunity is based in the London studio. The salary is dependent upon experience. Nissen Richards Studio is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.