Nulty is hiring a business development manager to join its practice in London.
We are looking for a highly motivated, confident and proactive business development manager (BDM) to join our ambitious and fast-paced architectural lighting design practice in London. This role requires a significant amount of networking as well as lead tracking and is not a sales position.
Background in the design, architectural or engineering industry would be preferable
This job description is not exhaustive in describing all duties and responsibilities required and the BDM is expected to use initiative and identify additional steps required to undertake the role.
The following provides a list of duties associated with the role. The BDM is expected to:
- develop new business enquiries with interior designers, architects, developers, landscape architects, project managers, retailers and end-users
- provide an initial point of contact for clients and proactively solicit new clients via cold calling, networking, LinkedIn, and email
- identify and attend networking events, particularly those designers and architects will attend. It is likely that such events will be held in the evenings or out of hours
- host early morning breakfast meetings/events
- manage and update customer relationship software (Piperdrive) and assist in growing our client base
- assist with all marketing material including eshots, brochures, press releases etc
- develop professional relationships with clients throughout the entire process, assisting with project management where required
- represent the business in a professional manner at all times
- understand our USP’s, design process and aspirations and articulate them to clients
- prepare presentations to clients
- attend monthly management meetings (where required) and prepare reports detailing sales forecast, pipeline and tenders
- to liaise with the team and founder at all times
- keep ‘finger on the pulse’ and manage up to date lead tracking
- farm existing client relationships and identify potential missed opportunities
- an ability to write and manage bids would be ideal
- experience using Pipedrive would be ideal
The BDM is expected to have the following key skills:
- an ability to manage their time efficiently
- be a team player
- strong social skills
- to work intuitively and responsibly
- to be self-driven and self-motivated
- to be a chameleon – accordingly adapting to the needs, styles and level of clients
- to be independent, comfortable to attend events & travel independently
- a strategic thinker and ability to understand the bigger picture
- manage time in an efficient way
- confidence with public speaking
- ability to provide high-quality written reports
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.