OAOA Architecture Associates is hiring a mid-weight interior designer to join its office in London.
Mid-weight interior designer at OAOA
OAOA is an award-winning London based multidisciplinary design-led practice providing masterplanning, architecture, interior, and landscape design services.
Following large-scale commissions, including mixed-use, retail and residential developments, we are looking for a talented and ambitious mid-weight interior designer to join our team.
Your work will cover a multitude of project types, scales and stages, and offer you the opportunity to participate in our growing practice.
Your responsibilities would include:
- working with the design team to conceptualise and translate architectural designs into harmonious and striking interior spaces
- taking responsibility for leading the interior design of a project and its construction packages
- preparing, developing and editing, drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design
- coordinating with and reviewing information from the wider design team, consultants, contractors and client bodies
- preparing design presentations.
- managing and coordinating various design and engineering consultants.
- overseeing and preparing construction documentation including detailing, schedules and specifications
- researching materials, ordering product samples and liaise with manufacturers and suppliers
- corresponding with contractors and reviewing shop-drawings and submittals
- where appropriate monitor construction work in progress to ensure compliance with the design
- have a minimum three years of previous professional experience in a firm undertaking the responsibilities above
- demonstrate their experience in all stages of design and construction
- have excellent creative design capabilities, demonstrated by a portfolio
- have an appreciation and understanding of space, materials and details
- excel in a dynamic work environment, enjoy the responsibility of leading projects and working with the wider team, and have exemplary time management and delivery skills
- have excellent visual, graphic, communication and organisational skills
- have good interpersonal skills and willingness to collaborate with and support the design team
- be proactive, work efficiently and systematically with the design team within an energetic and fast paced environment to meet project demands
- have a high sense of responsibility, and a flexible open attitude towards new ways of working and ability to handle multiple roles within a growing office
- have the ability to use a variety of media and be proficient in 2D and 3D technical skills including: MicroStation (and/or AutoCAD), Rhino, 3ds Max, Photoshop and InDesign
- be fluent in written and spoken English
- legally able to work in the UK
Salary based on experience.
We work collaboratively and openly and are always seeking new challenges and opportunities to create inspirational architecture.
How to apply
Applicants should submit their CV, portfolio and any recommendation letters in PDF format (less than 10MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.