OBM International is seeking an architectural designer for hospitality for its practice in Miami, USA.
The architectural designer works closely with senior designer/design director on architectural and planning projects. You should have experience in construction documentation, are proficient in Revit, and enjoy working with a team of architects that bring design dreams to life. This is a good role for someone who is technically proficient and enjoys working with a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
You should be enthusiastic and skilled to generate and develop design ideas and solutions in a team environment. Design expression in both 2D and 3D is essential to be successful in this role and also the ability to follow the design progress through design development and documentation. You will work under the direction of others, responsible for projects’ technical design; provides planning/design/coordination consultation on large projects; reviews/approves conceptual designs. The following responsibilities reflect the core activities of the role although there could be changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time.
- working with senior designer/design director on conceptual designs, space planning, presentations, design development, and production
- collaborate with teams on projects, including programming client needs, concept design, design development, and budget/schedule
- develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
- produce accurate technical and contract documentation for construction of project
- produce architectural drawings, review and revise files as noted
- work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- generating design product including sketches, story boards, modeling, and presentation documents
- develop and/or coordinate production of project renderings, movies & other compelling design presentations
Key performance metrics:
- design quality, accuracy
- ability to meet deadlines
- ability to provide creative design solutions
- team work/collaboration
Qualifications and requirements:
- bachelor’s degree in architecture
- experience; five plus years of hospitality design experience in an architectural office
- strong sketching skills
- must be able to multi-task, be a team player, possess a can-do attitude, be a self-starter
- strong Revit experience, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Excel, Sketch Up, Rhino and other 3D sketch software, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Photo Shop, InDesign and PowerPoint
- knowledge of the design process and building codes
- outstanding graphic presentation skills
- ability to manage variety of project types in various stages of development
- ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
- knowledge of the total project process from concept to delivery
- good verbal and written communication skills
Apply online, using our careers portal.
Submit CV/resume and cover letter and portfolio either PDF or link including hand sketches online or using the ‘apply’ link below.