OCHRE is looking for a production coordinator (maternity cover) to join its team in London.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced production coordinator, with luxury furniture and lighting experience, to join our team based in the City of London. You will have the required minimum of four years’ experience gained working in an upholstered furniture production role, with a clear understanding of bespoke manufacturing and logistical processes. You will oversee quotations, orders, quality control and supply chain management. The ideal candidate will be educated in product and/or furniture design with a dynamic approach who enjoys a challenge and is calm under pressure.
This role is full time and for a fixed term of approximately twelve months from April 2019, while the current postholder is on maternity leave. In this role, you will be joining a small and hardworking team with a hands-on approach and will report to our head of production and product development. You will be responsible for the upholstery division, managing all aspects of production scheduling and monitoring, dealing with suppliers and liaising with the design and accounts teams. Other tasks involve collating technical drawings and installation instructions, setting up and maintaining design standards to keep consistency in product quality, and overseeing sampling and maintaining of strict quality control checks.
- planning and monitoring the production schedule from start to finish, with assistance from the production administrator
- monitoring payments, raising purchase orders, liaising with suppliers and scheduling deliveries
- predict and manage all component stock requirements
- oversee the handling of orders from assembly to dispatch
- maintain a constant awareness of stock control and movement
- oversee accurate building and allocation of products within Sage and query when necessary
- maintain and monitor quality control levels with warehouse and on supplier visits
- assist sales team with technical requests & produce bespoke quotations when required
- coordination of internal logistics for supplier deliveries/exhibition and trade fairs/showroom updates
- maintain accurate costing worksheet, and update necessary fields within Sage software
- supervise production administrator and production technician
- liaise with related departments, e.g. suppliers, sales, logistics and warehousing teams
- support sales team to manage and resolve after-sales quality issues/problems
- some involvement with product design and prototyping – requiring sourcing and research
- preparation and monitoring of annual showroom sale pieces, imagery, pricing and support throughout sale process
- a background in upholstered furniture production is key, being well organised and having excellent eye for detail
- in-depth knowledge of raw materials (leathers, metals, fabrics, stitching, fillings & fire regulations), and suppliers in the furniture, upholstery lighting sectors
- maintain good working relationships with suppliers
- a team player with strong, positive communication and interpersonal skills
- has a sense of urgency yet remains calm under pressure
- analytical, organised and detail oriented with a talent for effective problem solving
- able to plan ahead and prepare complex schedules for exhibitions, showroom changes and sample sales
- proficient in Excel and Sage software
- able to travel to factories, suppliers and trade fairs as needed
Please send your CV with a covering letter and salary expectations as soon as possible using the ‘apply’ link below.
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.