O’Donnell O’Neill Design is looking for a middleweight interior architect/interior designer to join its office in Dublin.
O’Donnell O’Neill Design are a multi-award winning interior design practice who are responsible for creating many of the most talked about and creative bars, restaurant, hotels and nightclubs throughout the island of Ireland.
This is a great opportunity for a talented and experienced interior designer/interior architect to join our highly creative and dynamic team in our Dun Laoghaire office for animmediatee start.
You will need to be highly creative, a problem solver, have excellent communication skills, be self motivated, hard working, and thrive working as a member of a team.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years experience in hospitality interior design and will work directly as part of a small client/contractor focused team . As a mid-level experienced interior designer you will work directly with a senior interior designer assisting in all aspects of the interior design process and you must be capable of taking direction on a day to day basis on projects.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- bachelor degree in interior architecture/design
- candidates should have a minimum of three years relevant experience in commercial hospitality interior design
- a full and working knowledge of current Irish building regulations and demonstrate experience and knowledge of this
- have an thorough working understanding of joinery detailing and construction
- preparation full working/tender drawing packages including plans, elevations and all relevant technical details for costing and joinery purposes in AutoCAD
- have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- demonstrate full working proficiency in Auto Cad, Photoshop and SketchUP
- capable of preparing hand sketch design ideas and visuals for presentation to client
- demonstrate experience of delivering neat and clear design information
- demonstrate experience in selecting and preparing bespoke FF&E Schedules for the hospitality interior design industry
- taking site surveys
- documenting minutes of meetings
- full driving licence preferred
- fluency in spoken and written English
The general duties of the ideal candidate will include but not be limited to the following:
- the mid-level interior designer will work directly as part of a design team and will report directly to the senior interior designer and the creative directors
- be an integral part of all aspects the creative design process
- preparation of full working/tender drawing packages
- reviewing and commenting on sub contractors design drawings
- preparation and documentation of FF&E schedules
- regularly communicating by phone and email with clients, suppliers and contractors to ensure the smooth running of the relevant project
- maintaining excellent client relationships
- ensuring all design proposals are in full compliance with the relevant building regulations
- attend site meetings
- maintain excellent file management at all times for the projects they will be working on
- working closely with the other professional members of the project team such as architects, engineers, project managers, quantity surveyors and contractors
- production of 3D visuals and hand sketched visuals for presentation purposes
- assisting in the production of professional presentations
- assistance in non project specific work as required by the directors
You must sign in to apply for this position.
Project architect/Part-II architectural assistant
at Neil Davies Architects
at Humans since 1982