ODOS is seeking a senior architect to join its team in Dublin.
ODOS is looking for a talented and experienced senior architect to join our growing Dublin office and lead a number of exciting new projects through a studio team.
With an expanding international clientele, it’s exciting times for ODOS and we are looking for someone special to join an experienced, creative office to lead the overall design and delivery of exciting, luxury, contemporary and often unconventional projects from inception through to development and construction. We are looking for an individual who is creative and inspiring and who enjoys design, showing initiative and leadership. Considered applicants must have a high level of experience and expertise in directing multiple project teams. Candidates are offered a creative working environment with room for professional growth. Immediate start based in the Dublin studio. Attractive salary package for the right individual.
As a studio team leader and key member of the practice, you will work very closely with the design director in the overseeing of designers, architects and project managers while often presenting to consultants and, of course, clients. You will work in a highly design focused environment and have the opportunity to be involved in the evolution of developments both here and abroad.
- lead the client interface, design and detail design of multiple projects
- direct multiple project teams in design, development and delivery
- guide and manage junior members of the team and their output
- work collaboratively with technical consultants, project managers, engineers and other stakeholders
- develop and oversee the production of 2D and 3D drawings for internal and client presentations
- manage the production of feasibility studies including the space planning and layouts of public and private areas in line with client and regulatory requirements
- drive the conceptual design of both urban and rural schemes at all scales, articulating the justification of their form while demonstrating their functionality and cost-efficiency
You should be:
- a creative problem solver
- extremely talented in the design and management of architectural projects with a mixed portfolio of work across different sectors
- able to demonstrate exceptional levels of design ability and be able to sketch ideas to a high level
- highly enthusiastic about cutting-edge design and have a ‘design-led’ approach when making decisions
- experienced in high end projects with fine details is advantageous
- able to articulate your ideas with hand drawings and 3D and/or physical modelling
- experienced in detail design, documentation and procurement
- proactive and energetic
You should have:
- over five years working as an architect on the RIAI register of architects/person eligible to seek registration as an architect without further assessment with site experience on medium to large scale developments
- excellent knowledge/experience of contract administration and building regulations
- great organisational skills
- an ability to multi task and manage projects at various work stages
- strong communication skills and be confident facing clients and contractors
- proven experience designing and delivering built projects
- proficiency of working with Vectorworks, SketchUp, Revit and Adobe Suite are favourable
- full driver’s license
How to apply
Please apply with your CV/resume, samples and cover letter to state why you are interested in this role via the ‘apply’ link below. Please make sure the portfolio you have submitted is a true reflection of your experience and skills as we value greatly how you curate your own work.
ODOS have a number of studios that bring together craft, design, architecture, and strategic thinking together in a single workspace.
We are a vibrant practice focused on innovation, collaboration and vision, constantly questioning the boundary of what is possible.