OKA is seeking an interior design consultant to join its London-based team.
OKA is a successful multi-channel retailer of beautiful, unique and affordable furniture and accessories for the home. Today we have 14 store sand an extensive mail order, online and trade business with many thousands of customers throughout the UK and the world beyond.
We are currently looking to recruit an interior design consultant in our Chelsea, London Store working 40 hours per week reporting to the head of trade and interior design.
The ideal candidate will be able to deliver successful interior design projects, grow the OKA special projects/interior design service and to deliver the highest possible standards of customer service to clients. Use your initiative, sales skills and commercial experience to grow revenue and the reputation of the OKA brand.
Work in collaboration with colleagues in the design team and across the business to achieve the set objectives. The main duties and responsibilities in the role would include:
- develop existing client accounts and create new ones
- work with the retail team to increase revenue for both channels
- proactively extend the ID service to new sectors
- provide excellent sales performance to exceed sales targets
- constantly evaluate the market and competitors
- provide excellence in all aspects of product and interior design for the OKA range
- deliver successful interior design projects utilising Vectorworks,
- moodboards and high-quality presentations. Deliver a full and comprehensive interior design service to clients from brief to completion including turnkey projects
- confidently develop, grow and maximise project revenue through your commercial skills
- ensure OKA’s brand values and standards are upheld drive continuous development
- provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times, dealing positively with all customers in a timely manner
- manage all stock, availability and delivery procedures within the UK and overseas
- manage the clients’ returned goods in accordance with OKA policies and understand consumer rights
- be an ambassador for excellent customer service to enhance the Oka brand
- art, architecture or interior design qualification and experience within a high-end interior design or luxury retail environment with professional portfolio
- minimum five years professional interior design experience
- creative eye and flair for display design with a keen interest in furniture and home furnishings
- hands-on installation experience
- excellent team player – collaborative and people driven
- highly organised with excellent time management skills
- proven track record of proactive approach to business with creative selling skills
- proficient in MS Office with high competence in Vectorworks, space planning and Photoshop
- excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong command of English
- flexible to work on weekends and public holidays as required to meet commercial and client needs
- able to drive (current driving license) and willing to travel (site visits, meetings etc)
If successful, you will be part of a fast-paced and successful business. In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including quarterly bonus based on performance, staff discount, pension scheme and continuous personal development.
If this position is of interest to you and if you think you have the right skills to be successful, please submit a cover letter and an up to date CV by clicking the ‘apply’ link at the bottom of the ad.
Due to a high response of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.