OMA’s Rotterdam office is looking for an experienced facility officer to join its team in the Netherlands.
The facility officer is responsible for ensuring that day to day operations run smoothly, and facility tasks are taken care of in a pro-active, efficient and timeous manner.
The successful candidate will work closely with the operations team, model shop and archive department, taking care of operational tasks. Such tasks include, but are not limited to, the day-to-day management, maintenance, security and functionality of the premises. The facility officer is also responsible for the daily canteen management and the administrative side of the functioning of all facility services within OMA.
- keep up to date inventories of office stock and materials, and manage and coordinate orders and installations accordingly
- coordinate and oversee repairs, renovations and general maintenance tasks
- conduct routine inspections of the facilities to identify and address maintenance issues promptly
- develop, implement and enforce security and emergency response protocols to safeguard the office facility and its occupants
- conduct regular safety inspections to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, and promote a culture of safety awareness
- manage relationships with external contractors and service providers, and ensure timely delivery of products and services
- manage orders and meal services for the canteen by coordinating daily with the catering team and assuring timely deliveries
- collaborate with relevant departments to optimize the layout and functionality of workspaces, and maintain accurate records of space allocation and usage
- three plus years of experience in facility management or a related field
- bachelor degree in facility management/ MBO diploma in facility management or a related field
- knowledge of building systems, maintenance practices and security protocols
- familiar with health and safety regulations in the Netherlands Emergency response diploma – OR prepared to obtain one
- HACCP diploma – OR prepared to obtain one
- driver’s license B category
- strong organisational and problem solving skills, and the ability to work well in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- good interpersonal and communication skills
- fluency in spoken and written English and Dutch
Please use our online application form to submit your application, and include the following documents using the ‘apply’ link below:
- your cover letter in which you give your motivation for wanting to work at OMA
- your complete resume
- a copy of your diploma and any relevant, additional certificates
The selected candidate is expected to start in February/ March 2024.
This position is only available to applicants based in the European Union