OMA is looking for a senior architect to join its New York office.
OMA’s New York office has a need for a senior architect with NYC residential experience including construction documentation, filing with the planning department and consultant coordination for a new residential tower in NYC beginning schematic design May 2020.
- bachelor or master degree in architecture
- eight-ten years’ experience in construction and construction detailing, ideally in international renowned offices
- fundamental understanding of the design process and ability to translate great architecture into a great building
- experience in (technical) detailing, project-related (special) material research, and complex problem solving on all scales
- experience working with BIM and strong working knowledge of Revit
- experience of presentations to and coordination with the New York city planning authorities in the interest of obtaining approvals and permitting associated with new-build and redevelopment projects in the city
- able to deliver products within deadline and budget
- strong inclination for problem-solving and design work, with the ability to handle issues that come up on site independently
- leader with good communication skills and team spirit
- proactive and confident in a complex and international environment
- ability to liaise where appropriate with consultants to assess design solutions and guarantee the integrity of the final design
- strong Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Max, Rhino, and Adobe Suite skills
- fluency in English
- knowledge of OMA’s work
The recruitment selection starts immediately, and only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.