Ooni is looking for a senior product designer in industrial design to join its studio in Broxburn, UK.
Eat pizza, design pizza ovens, Eat some more pizza. Rinse. Repeat.
- you are going to create the future of outdoor cooking with the world’s most innovative and popular pizza ovens and their accessories. Your mad product designer skills will help us expand the awesome Ooni range from a handful to dozens of epic experiential products
- you’ll be instrumental in the product development cycle – you’ll liberally drop product design wisdom bombs all over the (work)shop to shape the future of our products – you’ll size up sexy designs, and you’ll be like a Yoda-esque figure to the design team – shaping design for manufacture
- you’ll be reporting to the head of product and work closely with external partners, in particular through manufacturing cycles (could include travel).
- you’ll be part of one team, with one cheese-laden dream – primavera, not prima donna
- you’ll be involved in end-to-end management of multiple projects from concept through to manufacture, and also contributing to other projects. This includes free rein to explore your wildest (legal-and-vaguely-feasible-pizza-oven-based) fantasies
Who is Ooni:
In 2012 Ooni made the world’s first portable pellet pizza oven. It costs £199 and makes amazing pizzas in 60 seconds. Now we’re selling all over the world: America, John Lewis,the internet. EVERYWHERE!
We’re growing really really fast and have no plans to slow down. We’ve built a lovely new office in Broxburn. There’s a train station nearby or a car park if you prefer. We have two staff kitchens and an Nintendo. Our Christmas tree this year was about a 14-footer. ‘Wowee she’s a beaut’ they all said.
We have an office duck. His name’s Gary. Try not to p*** him off.
We’re now up to 37 in the whole team. That was 24 this time last year and only 8 the year before that. It’s fun meeting so many new people. We’re running out of seats actually, so best get in quick. But they say sitting is the new smoking anyway.
These are our values: passion, rigour, innovation, ambition and kindness. We really do live by them and demand them in everything we do. It ain’t just corporate mumbo jumbo to us.
The person we want will have a wide range of skills. Things we are looking for in you include:
- an aptitude for creative functional problem-solving with a great eye for product aesthetics
- a technically-minded focus with the ability to deliver robust technical documentation for mass manufacture
- the ability to communicate effectively with the product and engineering teams and to engage with external suppliers and manufacturers both in the UK and internationally
- fluency with Solidworks is essential. Adobe Creative Suite and MS office work packages a big plus
- experience in a senior role or lead designer with the ability to manage the design process and inspire the team around you
- good hair. Or no hair. Or terrible hair. Just not unremarkable hair
- BA industrial and/or product design (yeah, soooo less fun)
- three-five plus years of relevant industry experience working in-house or within a consultancy environment – basically a great understanding of product design fundamentals
- experience taking products from concept to mass manufacture with a broad understanding of common manufacturing processes
- excellent verbal and visual presentation skills
- you get to work here. It rocks. You sound like you rock too. That’s going to rock, right
- salary – it depends how amazing you are. But we believe in rewarding people fairly
- a free Ooni pizza oven when you start and a 50% discount on any other Ooni products
- £500 tax free each year to spend on your passion – whatever that may be
- great pizza every single day if you want it. Seriously. Every. Single. Day
- weekly yoga classes (flexible working, y’know)
- we’ll teach you to become a pizza master
- pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, Employee Assistance program
- a half day off for your birthday. Yay! Once a year
If you need to know more, have a look at our website. Read a bit about our values and products and just have a wee Google.
If you like what you see and you fit the bill, send in:
- a short cover letter on why you’d like to join Ooni
- PDF portfolio of your most impressive and appropriate work
We really like nice letters – especially ones that are personalised just for us – so please don’t forget that bit. By the way, since you’ve been reading this – we’ve just made three pizzas. You know you want a slice…
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.