at Orms Designers & Architects
Orms is looking for a BIM coordinator to join its team in London.
We are seeking a talented, creative and energetic BIM coordinator to join our practice in Shoreditch and contribute to an exciting portfolio of commercial, educational and hospitality projects.
Orms is employee-owned. We like to start conversations, to learn and encourage debate. These insights inform our process and are embedded into our design. We work across old buildings and new, forging a sustainable, thoughtful, and crafted response for our clients. We value care and the ability to take pride in work of all kinds. We love what we do.
Please send a short cv and portfolio via the apply for job button below. This should include examples of your core skills and experience and outline what you are looking for in the post. Attachments must not exceed 20MB. Please no links to file sharing applications, websites or links or hard copy applications. Candidates must possess fluent spoken and written English. The role is based in London, and in-person studio working is required.
The deadline for applications is open until filled. We encourage candidates to submit their applications as soon as possible.
No agencies please.
The BIM Coordinator role will have responsibility for the day-to-day BIM projects and model coordination, data reviews and actions, working closely with the Orms BIM team members and project team to ensure successful BIM integration, progress and project delivery.
- federation of coordinated 3D models for all our consultant teams on any assigned project
- support in BIM coordination meetings along with the BIM manager. This will involve activities such as “live” walkthroughs, clash detection, problem-solving, coordination or spatial issues
- assist and be knowledgeable of incoming and outgoing data, models and documents relevant to guarantee that changes are identified
- to ensure that drawings and models are accurate and that data issued are in the required format following Orms standard methods and procedures
- have a passion for developing further knowledge of Revit and Navisworks
- be familiar with BIM documentation including EIR, BEP and AIRs and adopt its principles throughout the project’s life cycle
- produce project outputs such as data drops
- work within an established Common Data Environment (CDE) where necessary or applicable interface
- validate project teams model compliance against EIR, BEP and agreed data drops
- identify, capture and export essential information from models
- help promote BIM services
- appetite to work within an ambitious design-led creative process
- an interest and enthusiasm for making and construction
- ability to work as part of a team but also with self-direction and initiative, displaying a strong commitment to the job
- skilled critical thinker and problem solver
- meticulous attention to detail
- proven ability to effectively communicate with team members, contractors and consultants
- outstanding written, organisational and interpersonal skills
- excellent time management skills – the ability to work to programme and deadlines is essential
Working knowledge and understanding of the following is required:
- ISO 19650 Series and BIM Protocols
- IFC and other commonly used data exchange formats
- Common Data Environments
- Autodesk Revit, families, templates and worksets
- Navisworks and Clash detective tool
- minimum two years’ experience working with BIM Software (Revit)
- knowledge of Dynamo is highly beneficial
- experience in delivering projects to BIM standards with validation and QA processes
- from an architectural, mechanical or construction background
- creative and independent thinker with problem-solving skills
- enthusiastic in encouraging and nurturing BIM processes
- good technical and software skills
- competitive salary – negotiable depending on experience
- profit share
- enhanced family leave
- in-house Revit training and coaching
- employee referral bonus
- a wide range of social activities and events