OWAL Architects has an opportunity for a project architect to join its London team.
OWAL Architects is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced project architect to join their dynamic team of talented designers based on Tower Bridge Road and within easy reach of London Bridge Station. You will be working predominantly on residential projects ranging from bespoke high-end residences to multi-unit developer led projects in the UK. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to apply your skills and knowledge at various stages of masterplanning, hospitality and commercial projects.
This is an ideal role for an architect that is creative yet pragmatic and methodical in their approach and that has an ambition to develop professionally in an exciting and growing architectural practice driven by an ethos of collaboration, agility of minds and commitment to achieving excellence in design, quality and service.
- minimum one-year post Part 3 experience in a UK practice
- comprehensive project running experience on residential projects through RIBA Work Stages 0-7
- experience in delivering pitches/concept schemes to agents and private clients with confidence to support proposed designs
- knowledge and experience of working with local planning authorities across London boroughs with an excellent understanding of UK building and planning regulations
- strong technical skills including experience in producing and coordinating technical drawings for tender and construction
- ability to coordinate, manage and liaise effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers and the internal design team
- good knowledge of NBS specification writing
- competence in Vectorworks, SketchUp and the Adobe Suite as a minimum
- knowledge of UK CDM regulations
- good commercial awareness in the property sector
- willingness to take responsibility and able to use own initiative
- professional development mentorship and training opportunities
- personal training gym membership
- pension scheme
- team social activities including outings, lunches, barbecues, sports activities and architecture trips
- sponsorship opportunities for participation in creative, sport or charity-related events
If you believe you have the essential skills and experience required to fulfil this role, share a passion for architecture and design and are keen to pursue a rewarding position with an exciting practice, then please email your CV, sample portfolio and a brief description of your professional experience, current employment situation and your availability using the ‘apply’ link below.