OWAL Architects are looking for a senior architect to join its practice in London.
We’re seeking an experienced senior architect to join our team during this exciting time for the practice. You will have the opportunity to run a number of exciting projects at various design stages including two from early concept design stage through to full planning and another two/three that we have secured planning for from stage 4 through to construction and stage 7. Projects that you would be working on range from mixed-use residential led schemes from 10 to 70+ apartments in south London to 100+ and 200+ bedroom hotels in the UK.
The required and desired skills and experience for this position include:
- good post-Part 3 experience working with developer led mixed-use residential projects of various scopes and complexities including conversions and new-build schemes using different build methods
- project running experience through RIBA Work Stages 0-7
- knowledge and experience of working with local planning authorities across London boroughs with an excellent understanding of UK building and planning regulations
- strong technical skills including experience in producing and coordinating technical drawings for tender and construction
- ability to coordinate, manage and liaise effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers and the internal design team
- on-site experience in taking a project through the construction stage including identifying solutions to on-site issues and ensuring overall design-intent
- good knowledge of NBS specification writing
- strong organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Vectorworks experience desirable but not essential. Revit experience highly desirable
- willingness to take responsibility and coordinate a small design team
- professional development mentorship and training opportunities
- gym membership
- pension scheme
- team social activities including outings, lunches, barbeques, sports activities and architecture trips
- sponsorship opportunities for participation in creative, sport or charity related events
- discretionary bonus
About OWAL Architects
Started by four like-minded directors in 2015 and having grown to a team of 13 highly skilled and talented designers passionate about architecture, OWAL Architects have established a versatile portfolio of projects from stunning properties of significant historic interest for discerning private clients to 100+ bedroom hotels, commercial offices and mixed-use residential schemes in London and across the home counties.
We’re proud that our team continue to realise their potential and develop their careers with us and now we’re ready to expand again having secured a number of exciting projects. We’re firm believers that the success of our company to date has been a direct result of our wonderful team. As such, our vision is to continue to grow our team and expand our portfolio of projects whilst at the same time, ensuring that we remain small enough to maintain an enjoyable, collaborative and supportive environment for our team.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.