Own Projects is hiring a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its team in London.
Own London is a design and development studio that specialises in high end residential property, commercial and hospitality in London. Our in-house multidisciplinary team consists of architects, interior designers, chartered engineers, craftsmen, project managers and property managers. By designing, constructing, developing and managing property in-house, our collaborative imagination and collective intelligence brings a creative edge of difference and the highest levels of detail.
Our portfolio includes more than 30 projects in prime Central London. Our expertise cover residences, hospitality and commercial spaces. All our projects are unified by a guiding vision, to enrich the lives of the individuals who occupy them.
We are are looking for a talented, experienced and dedicated Part 2 architectural assistant to join our friendly team. The candidate must have a proven track record of designing and delivering architecture and interior packages, with focus on high end residential projects. The role requires drive and initiative in a fast-paced, lively and creative environment.
- responsible for delivering architectural packages from concept to construction
- assist with the preparation of presentations to clients
- responsible for project deliverables, meeting multiple project design schedules
- to work well within a team and report concisely to your manager
- you will assist the project architects with the design and technical aspects of a project(s), ensuring it is delivered to the required timeframes
- site visits and coordinating with the construction team on the delivery of the projects
- you will work closely with the project architects, head of design and managing director on conceptual designs, presentations, design development and production
Skills and experience required:
- proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite and 3D SketchUp or Rhino
- degree qualified in architecture
- experience with listed buildings and basement construction
- a solid understanding of the planning process, RIBA stages of development and the UK development industry
- experience of preparing and submitting planning applications
- two plus years’ tangible experience with good knowledge of high-end residential design projects in the UK, London specifically
- great knowledge of interior materials for boutique office and luxury residential sectors
- able to prioritise tasks, working on several projects at once
- great problem-solving skills if faced with an issue, able to evaluate all the possible solutions
- quick lateral and forward-thinking capabilities with the ability to stay calm and positive under pressure
- excellent English with strong verbal and written communication skills
Please apply via the apply for job button below.