Neri Oxman has an opportunity for a graphic designer/illustrator to join her studio in New York.
Oxman is seeking a graphic designer/illustrator who can visualize the composition of a plant in as much detail as an anatomical section of the human body. In addition to the ability to represent scientific systems, the candidate should have experience with the organization of complex datasets as well as with the creation and art direction of editorial and exhibition design. They should demonstrate an extremely minimal, clean, and precise touch and an ability to develop a signature drawing style that aligns with the Oxman philosophy.
Operating at the intersection of technology and biology, Oxman is calling for a systemic change in the way we design the built environment, evolving from consuming Nature to augmenting her.
As part of a diverse, international, and interdisciplinary team, the candidate will develop a visual language spanning all domains of the Oxman practice. Collaborating closely with other creatives inside the team as well as outside of it, they will create new one-of-a-kind graphic communication tools that are deeply anchored within the output of the company.
Role and responsibilities:
- develop the Oxman visual language and brand identity
- create systems, organizational frameworks, and visualizations for large, complex datasets
- design graphics for digital and web media, including the company website
- design graphics for physical and print media, including exhibitions and books
- lead art direction of editorial and exhibition design
- format and apply diagrams
- experience in handling and presenting architectural blueprints is a plus
- video editing skills are a plus
To apply, please submit your CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.