Parkside is seeking a specification consultant to join its team in London.
Parkside is a contemporary porcelain, ceramic and natural stone tile specification company with over 500 designs on offer, and many exclusives, from some of the world’s most dynamic manufacturers. Whether for commercial, hospitality or high-end residential projects, Parkside’s knowledgeable team of architectural consultants are able to help specify the right products to match any design brief. Offering the latest technological innovations and tile trends, Parkside provides an unrivalled bespoke service including waterjet cutting, porcelain worktop fabrication and digital printing on to tiles. With showrooms across the country and more to follow, the company has over 50 years’ combined experience in assisting the architecture and design community to create original and inventive interior projects.
We are currently looking for a specification consultant to join us, to be based in our Chelsea showroom. You will be responsible for developing strong relationships across the tile specification market with architects, designers and contractors leading to Parkside winning tile specifications.
You will be working in the residential, construction, retail, leisure and hospitality sectors representing Parkside in the commercial tile market. Parkside Ceramics Ltd. is part of Topps Tiles PLC, the UK’s leading tile company with over 300 stores across the UK and over a third of the domestic (non-commercial) market.
Working within one of the sales director’s teams, you will use the showroom as your ‘base’ whilst building the Parkside service proposition in the commercial/ architectural sector of the tile specifications market. You will own and develop client relationships and build profitable sales through all sectors of the Parkside product mix including tiles, natural stone, grouts, trims and materials.
- leading role in building A&D business across London
- maintain and grow sales through the studio and on social media
- build an audience of repeat business clients
- work to build London clientele through field based business development
- drive maximum gross profit delivery
- deliver sales through professional creative advice
- manage and deliver great studio service
- provide professional design advice to clients
- present and lead any marketing events within London
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- tile advice, design and commercial sales experience
- keen interest in design and architecture
- proven collaborative working skills, especially in sales delivery and design
- good technical knowledge of design, tiles and related products
- commercial proficiency (eg. understanding of profit, costs, etc.)
- strong influencing skills (experience of working at all levels in organisations)
- competitive and winning mentality
- strong communication skills
This role will mainly be based from our studio but will involve some travel.