Chetwoods is seeking a Part 2 and architectural technician to join its team in London.
Chetwoods is an award-winning international architectural practice based in London, Birmingham, Germany and China. We work across a variety of sectors including residential, commercial, industrial, mixed-use and workplace.
Our architecture teams use rigorous thinking and radical creativity to push the possibilities of design for living, and bring more colour to the world.
We have three elements to our approach; studio, thrive and works.
Thrive supports the design and delivery of projects that will enhance our environment and improve our health and wellbeing. Works champions the digital delivery of projects. It provides support to our teams in the use of appropriate and innovative software and hardware to deliver sustainable architecture. Studio puts the imagination, emotion and instinct into our designs. We believe that successful architectural design should deliver a positive physical, sensory and emotional human experience.
We are seeking a qualified Part 2 who has exceptional design skills and is keen to progress their career with the practice where they will be given the support and responsibility to manage a project to work towards the Part 3 examination. We are currently hybrid working with the week split between the office and working from home (subject to current COVID-19 advice at the time of application).
Essential skills and experience:
- ability to work within a team and to meet tight deadlines
- an active contributor to the design process on projects
- exceptional conceptual and design skills using both hand-drawn and digital media
- strong modelling and visualisation skills using either Revit, Rhino or FormIT
- competent 2D CAD skills using AutoCAD
- proficient in using Adobe Suite products including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- strong attention to detail
- ability to carry out independent research and use own initiative to problem solve
- willingness to assist actively in the development of the practice’s digital transformation strategy
- excellent verbal, written and drawn communication and presentation skills
- excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- able to work to tight deadlines
- computational design skills including Dynamo and Grasshopper with Revit and Rhino
- experience with computer programming
- experience of other software including FormIT
Salary: negotiable depending on experience
To apply, please send your CV enclosing a covering letter and portfolio of no more than 10MB size. We are only able to respond to candidates we invite for interview, but we keep CVs on file for six months and may get in touch at a later stage.
Chetwoods prides itself on being an equal opportunities employer and all candidates will be treated fairly regardless of age, race, sex or disability.