Bath, United Kingdom
James Grayley Architects is an award-winning, design-led practice.
We are looking for a UK Part-II / III qualified architect with strong design and technical skills to work on a range of projects from our Bath office. Projects including New Build Houses, Substantial House Remodelling Projects, Commercial Art Galleries and Public / Cultural Building Competitions.
The applicant should have experience of designing and delivering high end new build residential projects/large scale restructuring/remodelling of existing houses.
As a guide we expect that applicants will have a minimum of two years of experience of working within a UK design-led practice.
The following skills are expected and should be demonstrated in application documents:
- experience of high-end residential work.
- job running skills from design through to completion.
- the ability to challenge and lead a professional team and carry out detailed co-ordination with other consultants.
- an ability to work independently is required.
- on-site experience of working closely with contractors to ensure a high level of finish.
- a good understanding of the technical and statutory issues inherent UK construction
- a good understanding of traditional and contemporary building detailing.
- high proficiency in Vectorworks, Adobe Photoshop/Indesign, MS Word and Excel
- excellent model making skills
- excellent competition presentation and submission skills.
The candidate will be expected to work in a collaborative manner and demonstrate strong design, technical and project leadership skills.
Successful applicants will liaise with clients and contractors and contribute to the growth and character of the practice.
We try to respond to all enquiries, but the number of applications we receive may at times prevent us from contacting candidates other than those shortlisted for interview. We regret that we are unable to return any information submitted.
James Grayley Architects Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
We encourage all job applicants, irrespective of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, illness, religion or beliefs.
Salary will reflect experience and qualifications.
Application deadline: 10 April 2017