Parts and Labor Design is looking for a senior FF&E designer to join its firm in New York, USA.
Established in 2009, Parts and Labor Design is a full service design firm specializing in hospitality, commercial and retail experiences. Internationally recognized, PLD is highly sought after for their award-winning designs and an undeniable commitment to their clients. A relentless pursuit of relevant and timeless design is at the very core of what defines us.
Parts and Labor Design offers a bespoke, bare-knuckled and integrated approach to design with a focus on unique and highly customized interiors, furniture and lighting. Parts and Labor Design’s innovative approach pushes the boundaries and the ultimate goal has always been a shared sense of values and vision, and that each product embodies integrity, originality and a love of design.
Senior FF&E designer
- degree in interior design or architecture required. Masters degree preferred, but not required
- six-nine years of proven experience at an architecture or interior design firm in all phases of FF&E design process; concept development, schematic design, detail and design development, construction documents and construction administration
- experience in hospitality design highly preferred
- demonstrated focus on interior architecture and design
- excellent AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator) skills required
- expertise in specification writing programs (Spexx/DesignSpec) required
- 3D modeling and rendering (Rhino/SketchUp) skills preferred
- custom furniture and lighting design and production experience is required
- highly developed skills in client communications, project scheduling, technical detailing, consultant coordination and construction administration
- demonstrated extensive expertise and knowledge in FF&E specification and materials research
- candidate must demonstrate a high level of AutoCAD skills and be expert in generating and coordinating FF&E bid documentation sets
- excellent communication skills, and highly articulate. Fluency in written and spoken English required
- hands-on approach to design
- self-disciplined and confident in a dynamic environment
- PC platform
- must be legally able to work in the US. Relocation is not offered
- PLD offers a competitive salary, medical benefits, sick and vacation time
- compensation is commensurate with experience and ability
Check out what we do on our website.
Please send your resume and work samples via email in PDF format (file size less than 10MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.
** Candidates without six-nine years’ interior design experience will not be considered.
** No phone calls please.