Patel Taylor has an opening for a receptionist to join its office in London.
Patel Taylor weaves together architecture, landscape and urban design to shape place from city to human scale – and everything in between. Our portfolio includes exemplary masterplan, residential and commercial mixed-use developments, as well as education, infrastructure and cultural buildings. We are currently working on some of London’s largest urban land transformations at Beam Park, Stephenson Street, White City Living and London Dock.
We are looking for a full-time receptionist with excellent communication skills to work as part of our administration team, reporting to the practice manager, supporting an office with 50+ staff. The role needs an individual who is confident in a front of house role providing a warm welcome in person and on the phone.
Desired skills and attributes:
- excellent English, both spoken and written
- confident, friendly, proactive and with common sense
- good time keeping
- ability to work prioritise workload and hit deadlines
- good working knowledge of MS Word/Excel and Outlook is essential, InDesign and Photoshop would be useful
- thorough and conscientious multi-tasker with discretion and diplomacy, ability to take direction and manage own workload
- actively interested in architecture and design
- minimum 12 months previous experience in a similar role in an office environment
Key responsibilities will include:
- ensure reception is sufficiently manned, answering the telephone
- meeting and greeting clients and visitors
- monitoring office calendars for meetings, preparing and serving refreshments, arranging lunch as necessary
- ensuring that meeting areas are prepared both before and after meetings
- maintaining the overall tidiness and appearance of the office, liaising with the cleaning company on areas that need special attention
- managing all incoming and outgoing post/deliveries/couriers
- checking and distributing general emails
- providing general support and filing to the admin team as well as supporting the design team
- ordering stationery and groceries
- assisting with travel arrangements, bookings, office trips and events
- updating contact database
Due to the high response to adverts, we will only be replying to successful candidates.
We will not accept introductions by agencies.
Patel Taylor is an equal opportunities employer.